Navision implementation on construction company

mmenocalmmenocal Member Posts: 3
Hi everybody!

I'm new to navision and would like to develop an aplication for a construction company and i would prefer to do it in Spanish but my copy of navisión is in English. I've tried to import the example database but it has a lot of tables and forms that we don't need and we would need some extra stuff to comply with mexican regulation. I would like to know if someone can give me some tips on this, if I can develop an entire aplication from scratch or what would be the best way to implement Navision. I would also like to know if there are tables that you must have if you develop this on your own.

I would apreciate any help on this matter
](*,)

I forgot I am very interested in the Employee portal so if anyone have any tips please help me.

Comments

• bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
    Are you looking at the versiion localized for Mexico? You can download it from the partner site (US/Canada/Mexico). I am not sure what is covered by the localization.

The code base for Navision is in english, regardless of the localization. This has been since 3.x
    There are no bugs - only undocumented features.
  • Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    There are also addons available. Take a look at www.costcontrolsoftware.com, they have a very good job management add-on for construction companies.
  • johnson_alonsojohnson_alonso Member Posts: 690
    Deadlizard wrote :
    There are also addons available. Take a look at www.costcontrolsoftware.com, they have a very good job management add-on for construction companies.

Thanks for your info of the website. How I am very happy that there is a microsoft dynamics partners has created some adds-on into Navision. I have browsed the site and since several days, some of manufacturing features they have added or created, also I want to create or make, for example quality management (different thatn quality control they made), resource in output journal and routing, it has been in my mind since I have plan to implement navision in a manufacturing company whose machines work in 3 shifts work day with replacing of operator in every shifts. I will create but with new concepts and theory.

rgds,
    Johnson ALonso

But Zion said, the Lord will not forsake me and forget me".
  • mmenocalmmenocal Member Posts: 3
    Thank you for your help I will check the site and post what I found but I will still like to know if it is better to copy the example database and work through it or to create a new one, also if I could import only certain tables and forms that are estrictly needed and make everytjing else by myself
  • kabilankabilan Member Posts: 3
    Hi,

We have developed a construction add-on. We have named the solution as NAVBUILD and you can take a look at the solution http://www.slideshare.net/cetastech/nab ... nstruction and can download the product literature from our website www.cetastech.com and I'm keen to present you the solution on mutual convenience.

Regards

kabilan
    with Best Regards,

Kabilan

www.cetastech.com