Options

How to define the payment team for partial payment

joycelinjoycelin Member Posts: 8
edited 2006-04-05 in Navision Financials
Dear Expert,

Could you please teach me how to define the payment team for partial payment in Navision? Or have any workaround solution for the partial payment.

For example:
This company is selling the customzie goods. And the production lead time is very long, maybe more than one year.
Their customer agree to pay them by the proudction progress.
In the begining, customer pay them 30% sales amount.
During the production, customer will pay them another 40% sales amount.
After we finish and ship it to customer, customer will pay the rest of sales amount.

How to handle this kind of case in Navision and how to link the these receivable with original sales order?

Thanks for your help.

Best Reards,

Joyce

Comments

• Options
    SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    are you posting an invoice first and just applying payments..
    "Should be pretty standard"
    or
    are you getting payment and making the invoice at the end (once completed) & then you want all the pre-payments to link to the invoice?
    http://www.mibuso.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9263
  • Options
    johnson_alonsojohnson_alonso Member Posts: 690
    Dear Savatage,
    I have the same problem with this topic however the payment consists of down payment 20%, retention 10% of total invoice and 3 times payment with 30% of each.
    you wrote :
    When it's time for you to Invoice the Customer, go into Sales Invoices or Sales orders (depending):

1.Enter the Order or Invoice as normal.
    2.Make sure you've added the Applies to Document Type and Applies to Docment Number field to the Sales header Form, and enter Type Payment, and select the applicable number in the Applies to Document Number field.
    3.Enter the Sales Order or Invoice
    4 Post the Invoice.

After I tried using the applies to doc. #., I can't use sales invoice once but must 3 times.

rgds,
    Johnson Alonso
  • Options
    themavethemave Member Posts: 1,058
    I would set up the sales order and add a few extra lines to it,

start with any inventory ect that you need to post once the job is complete

then add a separate line for each of your payment requirments

1st line - g/l account - customer prepayment amount 30% enter estimated ship date as the first day of the production order
    2nd line - g/l account - customer prepayment - 40% progress

now in your case the last invoice will be for the remain, and you will need to clear the g/l customer prepayment account so
    the 3rd line is a negative amount that equals the first two payments.

you post this last invoice complete, it bills the remaining items, less the prepayment line three. net customer owes is the last payment and the invoice and job are billed complete.

You do it on a sales order since you can ship and invoice just the lines you want. and the sales order will remain open until invoiced complete