Options

updating server license

magnifiquemagnifique Member Posts: 43
edited 2006-05-02 in Navision Financials
Hi folks, can anyone help me with changing the server license ,after it has been installed.Lets say am using a certain license and i want to change or import or replace with another one,how can i do that? :roll:

Comments

• Options
    DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    You stop the service, replace fin.flf with the right license file and restart the service. That should then load the new one.
  • Options
    ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    Denster is assuming that you are using native server. For SQL you click on tools--> License-->Upload button.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • Options
    Timo_LässerTimo_Lässer Member Posts: 481
    DenSter wrote:
    You stop the service, replace fin.flf with the right license file and restart the service. That should then load the new one.
    If you stop your Navision Database Server every night (e. g. for creating backups) and you want to upload an updated license, you don't need to stop your Server within the working time.
    Still replace the existing fin.flf with your new one.
    At the next start of the database server, it will use the new license file.
    Timo Lässer
    Microsoft Dynamics NAV Developer since 1997
    MSDynamics.de - German Microsoft Dynamics Community - member of [clip]
  • Options
    magnifiquemagnifique Member Posts: 43
    thanks folks i'll try it ,the fact that three people are saying the same thing means it would work so once again merci.
  • Options
    mayermayer Member Posts: 50
    restart is not necessary, because the clients read just in time the saved flf-file which is found in the server-folder from navision.

Try it.