Cannot post close income statement

DavedaveDavedave Member Posts: 88
Hi all,

One of my clients is performing her closing. She has already closed the period and has already generated the close income statement. However when she goes to the general journal batch and does a Test Report, she gets this msg for all her lines:-

"C31/12/05 is not within your allowed range of posting dates."

Client has followed the standard method for performing closing; close fiscal year >>> generate close income statement at Periodic Activities. The client is running Navision 3.7 SQL.

Even after changing the Allowed Posting Date at the gl setup, nothing happens. The msg still appears at the Test Report.

Thanks
David

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Check the User setup... :-) there is the setting of allowed posting dates too...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • DavedaveDavedave Member Posts: 88
    Hi kine,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I've checked with the client already and the User Setup there is also empty. The Allowed Posting Date is empty.

Is there anything else that could be causing this problem?

Thanks
    David
    Please, can you post which date you set in G/L Setup?
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    Hi kine,

The date in the Allow Posting To and From in the gl setup is blank. Previously the date was 31/12/05 and the date in the close income statement was C31/12/05.

These settings still show the warning msg.

Thanks
    David
    1) Have you tried to close navision and start it again (may be some customization for caching setups...)

2) May be the system is checking that the fiscal year is closed and thus does not allow you to post into this year...

3) Enable debugger, look where the error is risen and check the condition when the error is called. May be that it will helps you...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    Looks like I'll have to arrange with my client a date to go over and troubleshoot the error directly.

Thanks for the help, kine!
  • jmlozaresjmlozares Member Posts: 110
    kine wrote:
    1) Have you tried to close navision and start it again (may be some customization for caching setups...)

2) May be the system is checking that the fiscal year is closed and thus does not allow you to post into this year...

3) Enable debugger, look where the error is risen and check the condition when the error is called. May be that it will helps you...

Just very recently I encountered same problem. I turned on the debugger and figured-out the cause of the problem. It says that the record variable was uninitialized. This is a kind of wierd, not all user encounters the same problem.

Could it really be caused by insufficient cache allocated? BTW, our client uses 2005 SQL Server.

Your feedback will highly be appreciated.

Thanks and Best Regards!
    Janderol Lozares Jr.
    Manila, Phils.
    Sometime the debugger itself has some bugs... if you see that record is not initialized, it is not 100% that it is true. Offten the debugger show that because is unable to load the data. Mainly after break on error...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • jmlozaresjmlozares Member Posts: 110
    But the General ledger Setup and User Setup have no setup at all. Isn't it suppose to not validate the posting date anymore..?

Pardon about the quoted statement. I meant there is a setup from the G/L setup but not from the User Setup table.
    [/quote]
    Janderol Lozares Jr.
    Manila, Phils.