Options

Item Category & Product group

bteredesaibteredesai Member Posts: 129
edited 2006-03-08 in Navision Financials
How I can make use of these two fields? Can someone explain me with the example please?

Regards,

Bhushan Teredesai

Comments

• Options
    ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    Product Group is a sub category of Item Category. For example, you could have bicycle as Item Category, and as Product Group you could have Mountain Bike, Sports Bike, and Turing Bike.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • Options
    themavethemave Member Posts: 1,058
    Item Category is also used to set what many defualts are when an item is created using the non-stock item card.

The non-stock item table is used to so you can have vendor catalog available to search with having to set up item cards for everything, then when you find you do need to set the item card up for something in the non-stock table you can just use the create item routine from the non-stock card.

We use the non-stock table extensivly, we have around 200000 items in it, so our users can see pricing of items from our vendors without having all the actual items already created.
  • Options
    johnson_alonsojohnson_alonso Member Posts: 690
    I think you can also define some invoicing tab fields in the item categories table i.e :
    gen. prod. post. group, inventory prod. posting group, VAT prod. posting group and costing method.

so, if you select item category you've created when creating a new item, you won't waste time to fill invoicing tab fields that relates to the item category.

rgds,
    Johnson Alonso

"fade to black"
  • Options
    SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    we use it as

item category: suntan
    & product group

panama jack
    bain de soliel
    hawiian tropic
    etc etc
  • Options
    ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    You can also run reports based on historical data (Item ledger entry) for sales, purchases, etc.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • Options
    bteredesaibteredesai Member Posts: 129
    Dear All,

Thanks a lot.

Regards,

Bhushan Teredesai
  • Options
    johnson_alonsojohnson_alonso Member Posts: 690
    You re welcome. hopefully all answers are corrects in your side.

rgds,
    Johnson Alonso

"Stronger than all"