Options

Problem with moving a Database

bv77bv77 Member Posts: 2
edited 2006-06-23 in Navision Financials
Hello to all :)

and sorry for my poor english , not my native language..

Here is my problem..

I got a Navision 2.6 database on a server A (Win2K server, SQL server 2K).. All work perfectly, but the server is a bit old now..

So, i bought a new server, B, (a Dell one).. P4 3,4 Ghz, 1 Gig ram etc..

Windows 2003 Server on it, with SQL 2K..

I use DTS to move my database from server A to server B. All work great, no problem atm..

But, when i try to log on my database from Navision software, here is the message i get :

"The configuration of the OEM or ANSI page code of your computer doesn t match with the 1252 page code of your server. You must ensure that your OEM or ANSI page code match server one"..

anyone got an idea?

Comments

• Options
    krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,098
    Probably there is also a SQL-solution, but I don't know which it could be. Maybe someone else knows how to do it.

The other method might be:make a Navision backup and restore it on the new server.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• Options
    DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    I don't even know if 2.6 was/is supported on SQL 2000. I would go with Alain's suggestion and restore into a new database. If that doesn't work then you're probably looking at a technical upgrade.
  • Options
    krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,098
    DenSter wrote:
    I don't even know if 2.6 was/is supported on SQL 2000. I would go with Alain's suggestion and restore into a new database. If that doesn't work then you're probably looking at a technical upgrade.
    I think 2.6 was supported. If I remember correctly, once I have used SQL2000 with a 2.6 DB and it worked well.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• Options
    DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    Right I know that many people have a working 2.6 database on SQL2000, but that doesn't mean that it was supported :). I don't remember the time frame anymore.

The best thing to do in this case is create a new database, and restore the backup into it. You might want to check the collation on the other database to make sure it's the same one on the new database.
  • Options
    ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    Until when will navision 2.6 be supported?
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    The configuration of the OEM or ANSI page code of your computer doesn t match with the 1252 page code of your server. You must ensure that your OEM or ANSI page code match server one

It means, that the codepage of your PC is not same as the codepage on the server. Check the database collation.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    larschlarsch Member Posts: 19
    kine wrote:
    The configuration of the OEM or ANSI page code of your computer doesn t match with the 1252 page code of your server. You must ensure that your OEM or ANSI page code match server one

It means, that the codepage of your PC is not same as the codepage on the server. Check the database collation.
    Hi!
    I've got the very same problem.
    Could You give me a hint, where to make the chances. I think that there are 3 places where changes could be made:In windows, on the sql server collation or Navision Financial 2.6??I would apresiate your help in this.
    mvh LC
    LARSCH
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    It depends on what is correct. You can change the collation on the database or change the Language settings on computer to match (Language for Non-unicode applications). - newer versions has setting which disable this check...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.