Urgent. "the database files are not compatible" er

kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
edited 2007-01-30 in Navision Financials
Hello,

we have 2.50 DB on our file server (single-user access, one DB in 2 files each 2GB). My coworker copied the files to his computer but when opened the DB, the timestamps were mixed (the first part opened on his notebook, second one from the UNC path which was in the first part saved). Now we have only the two files on the file server, each has another timestamp. Is there any chance to get objects from this database or open it for reading? The complete error when opening the database is there:
The database files are not compatible.

The time stamps are not the same. One or more of the files has been used later than the rest of the files. This can be because a backup has been only partially restored. Try to find database files that are all stamped with the same date and time.

We need it, because he need to go for some presentation and there are the last versions of our modifications... :-(
Kamil Sacek
MVP - Dynamics NAV
My BLOG
NAVERTICA a.s.

Comments

• krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    First, make a copy and work on the copies.
    Try to put the same date-times on the files. If you don't have an external tool, you can use Navision to do it. with command SETSTAMP.

I hope it works.
    If it works, maybe best to make a backup and restore it in a new DB.

Good Luck!
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    I tried it, it is negative. It seems that the timestamp is in the file header somewhere (in data). But I did not found hex editor which is able to edit and successfully save 2GB file.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    And if you split the DB in smaller parts? Then you can open part per part and check. But even if you change it, I am afraid there will be a CRC to controll it.
    Have you also tried to open the DB in read-only?
    Has your coworker still the copied files? In this case you can open it again in this way.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

No, he deleted the files. Yes, the splitting was the solution, but now it is solved. We restored old backup and I am implementating the changes once more... :?

And I was unable to open in read-only mode. Same error.

But thanks for your tips, it helps to talk about the problem with someone other... 8)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • poststationpoststation Member Posts: 17
    hi, I also met this error message, my DB also in 2 file, I don't have a backup, so is there any way to open the database?
    Michael

Navision Consultant
    I am afraid that there is no way, just maybe Microsoft has the tool for that (C/Dart) but it is not for free and it takes some time.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.