Incorrect password supplied for application role $ndo$shadow

lzrlzr Member Posts: 264
We have a customer who is using Navision 3.7 and SQL server 2000. It usually works but now some users get this error when trying to log into Navision. If a user is a part of sysadmin or db_owner he can log in.

The customer says they haven't changed anything in Navision but maybe someone has done something in the AD or something similar, they are running a citrix environment.

Any ideas?

EDIT: Forgot to say, windows authentication is used.
Navision developer

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Try to run Synchronize. May be that it will correct the problem.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • lzrlzr Member Posts: 264
    Thanks, but this didn't help.
    Navision developer
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    It seems that the $ndo$shadow role is corrupted. Did you contact Microsoft about that? Try it, it will be faster than wait for solution there...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    You are probably right, I have searched through google as well about this and could not find a good solution. Anyway thanks for your input
    Navision developer
  • arunparunp Member Posts: 7
    Hi

In SQL Enterprise Manager. select the User and give "Server Admin" Previllage.
    Yes, that would work I guess. But we did not want all users to be admins :)

Anyway the problem is solved now. This is the solution we found:
    Sounds like someone has modified the [shadowpwd] field of the [$ndo$dbproperty] table in your database, OR has dropped and re-created the [$ndo$shadow] application role with a different password. Either way, these no longer match.

If it is the field that has changed and the application role has not been touched, you can restore a recent SQL backup of your database to a new database. Then take the value of this table/field from that database and place it into the value for your broken database.

If it is the application role that has changed, you can only rely on restoring and using a backup, because you cannot re-create the password for the application role from this field value.
    Navision developer
  • rodbernardorodbernardo Member Posts: 34
    This scenario happened as well in our organization.

The faster and only solution we know is to restore our backup.

The management asked, why this is happened?

Can someone give us some light why this would happen?

Thanks in advance.
    Rodel Bernardo
    Pressure is an opportunity.