Options

Migration - G/L Entries

HannesHolstHannesHolst Member Posts: 119
Hey there!

After a long time of just reading and using the Search, I want to participate :smile:
For my current company, we are doing a migration from Sage200 into NAV2017.
Sage200 is based on a SQL-Database, so we have all the power of SQL-Queries.

As one of the tasks, the financial departments requested to have the G/L-entries migrated.

Ok, so far: I'm able to create a view in SQL, copy it into a RapidStart-Template and import everything into a General Journal (even possible by using the WebClient - :blush:)

But, what is the best practise approach for the last financial year (if we ignore the data processing-capabilities of RapidStart and the time it consumes)?
- Could we go for a full import of G/L-entries for the last financial year?
- Import the final amounts of each month of the last financial year?
- Import only the balance of the end of the financial year?

Additionally, for the current financial year:
- Import all G/L-entries for the current financial year?

As writing this post, the combination of "Import the final amounts of each month of the last financial year" and "Import all G/L-entries for the current financial year" seems to be the best option.

What do you think?

Cheers,
Hannes

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    HannesHolstHannesHolst Member Posts: 119
    Hi Thomas,

Thanks for your reply.
    It's good to hear that there is no "No Go" in the approach of how to migrate the G/L-Entries.

FYI:
    We will go for balances by month for the last two years and for the current year we will import all postings.

Cheers,
    Hannes
  • Options
    AndwianAndwian Member Posts: 627
    I think you should not import into the Ledger Entries table directly, instead import into the transaction, e.g. Journal Lines, then post it, and let NAV do the rest.
    Regards,
    Andwian