Options

CPU Usage 100% on GO server

alphonsealphonse Member Posts: 12
Hi,
Our clients just upgrade from NAV 5 to NAV 2015, and they are using GraphON to connect to NAV.
The GraphON server spec is :
- Windows server 2012 R2 (64 bit)
- Dual processors, each 4 cores 2.4 GHZ
- Memory 32GB
- Applications installed there : GraphOn server, Nav Client, Ms Office

Now the CPU usage is always high (99% all the time) with 50-70 users connect simultaneously.
The application server CPU usage is normal (around 60-70%).
When using NAV 5, we also using GraphON, but the CPU usage is normal.
Is this normal behaviour with NAV 2015?
The GraphON tech said its because NAV client is 32bit application, used in windows 64bit. Is this true?

What should we do to solve this?
Thanks

Comments

• Options
    ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,255
    edited 2016-02-07
    You could do an exe upgarde to 2016, which has 64 bit client.
    Also which app takes the most of cpu in task manager?
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • Options
    krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,090
    Some info you gave is a little incomplete.

On your server, do you have also the service tier or not?
    > The application server CPU usage is normal (around 60-70%).
    This lets me think it is.

So this server is used for both for the servicetier as well as running the NAV clients?
    If it is (let me guess, also SQL server is on it?), that 100% CPU is not so strange.
    You should have a server dedicated to SQL Server. Another dedicated to the service tier. And another dedicated to terminal server (this would be the NAV client and GraphON).
    I don't know if GraphON is 32 or 64 bit. If I understood correctly, it seems it runs the NAV client on that server so that a browser can use the NAV client as it where a webpage. In that case, why not try the webclient instead of GraphON?
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• Options
    Hi,
    Thx for the responses
    ara3n wrote: »
    You could do an exe upgarde to 2016, which has 64 bit client.
    Also which app takes the most of cpu in task manager?
    Exe upgrade, means we upgrade both client and NAV server to 2016? Or we can upgrade the client only?

kriki wrote: »
    Some info you gave is a little incomplete.

On your server, do you have also the service tier or not?
    > The application server CPU usage is normal (around 60-70%).
    This lets me think it is.

So this server is used for both for the servicetier as well as running the NAV clients?
    If it is (let me guess, also SQL server is on it?), that 100% CPU is not so strange.
    You should have a server dedicated to SQL Server. Another dedicated to the service tier. And another dedicated to terminal server (this would be the NAV client and GraphON).
    I don't know if GraphON is 32 or 64 bit. If I understood correctly, it seems it runs the NAV client on that server so that a browser can use the NAV client as it where a webpage. In that case, why not try the webclient instead of GraphON?
    Yes, we already did that. The GraphON server is dedicated for GraphOn and NAV Client only. The Clients connect to a dedicated service server. which connect to a dedicated database server.
    I don't know how GraphOn works, but it seems its like terminal server, which user remote to GO server and use NAV Client on GO Server. But using webclient sounds a good idea. We will try that option. I hope webclient works well with shared printer.

Thanks

• Options
    Updates,

We downgrade the GO server to 32 bit, increase the CPU core and memory. Work well so far