Options

The latest Transaction No. must be an application in Vendor

kellycywkellycyw Member Posts: 24
Hi All,

One of our customer using NAV 5.0 SP1 Malaysia version. We encounter a problem when trying to unapply vendor ledger entries. The following error appears:

The latest Transaction No. must be an application in Vendor Ledger Entry No. ######.

Looking at the Detailed Vendor Ledger Entries I notice that the last transcation No Entry type <> Application.

And Last entry Type = Unrealized Loss and after clarify with end user, they had run the Adjust Exchange Rate batch job.

It could be causing by Unrealized Gain/Loss batch job.

Thanks in advance

Kelly

Comments

• Options
    jglathejglathe Member Posts: 639
    Hi kellycyw,

yes, that's the case, the check is in CU 227. The reason for this is that the unapply() function would undo realized and unrealized gain / loss entries caused by the application as well. This would invalidate later adjust exchange rate batches, since the amount to adjust has changed then.
    From what you write it was a partial application with the remaining amount being adjusted in the adjust exchange rates batch. This is the last transaction on the vendor ledger entry then, and the unapply() function refuses to work. And Adjust Exchange Rate cannot be reversed :(

What you can try - I would recommend to do this in a copy of the production database, though:

- comment out the check in CU 227
    - do the unapply
    - rerun the adjust exchange rates for the vendor entries.

This should result in an additional adjustment on the vendor ledger entries.

with best regards

Jens
  • Options
    ufukufuk Member Posts: 514
    There is a hotfix for that. You can check partner source.
    Ufuk Asci
    Pargesoft
  • Options
    kellycywkellycyw Member Posts: 24
    Hi Ufuk,

I did check via the partner source but unfortunately i not able to find it.
    could you please sent the the URL and link over here, if possible. :D

Thanks in advance.

Kelly
  • Options
    ufukufuk Member Posts: 514
    Article Id is 2525776. It is a hotfix for Cust. Ledger Entry but I think you can apply it to vendor ledger entries too.
    Ufuk Asci
    Pargesoft