Options

Intercept the page of origin

sharon95sharon95 Member Posts: 183
Hi all! My aim is to intercept the page of origin in which data will be collected in a table... not clear? I know! :D Example: I have the table MyTable with some code in one trigger, I want to execute the code only if it is accessed by the page FisrtPage (and not for the all other pages)... is it possible? and if it is, how? Thank you very much!

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    mohana_cse06mohana_cse06 Member Posts: 5,503
    Firstpage is name of the page or page which executes above code first?
  • Options
    Firstpage is name of the page or page which executes above code first?

Firstpage is the page from which the code in the table is executed
  • Options
    why cant you simply create a function in table and call it from page field OnValidate trigger?
  • Options
    why cant you simply create a function in table and call it from page field OnValidate trigger?

mmhh.. I don't have to execute the code into the table's OnValidate trigger only if it is accessed from a specific page..
  • Options
    sharon95 wrote: »
    mmhh.. I don't have to execute the code into the table's OnValidate trigger only if it is accessed from a specific page..
    I didn't get your point.
  • Options
    sharon95 wrote: »
    I didn't get your point.

My table is accessed from many pages (page1, page2, page3, ....).
    If I am in page1 I have to execute the table's Onvalidate trigger.
    If I am in page2 I have to skip that trigger

Is it clearer?
  • Options
    yes, you can write code in page 1 onvalidate trigger of field and no need to write in table. Did you try?

I will try, thank you!
  • Options
    zaidtariqzaidtariq Member Posts: 52
    edited 2017-01-24
    Suppose you are inserting data from the Page One, then use like TableRec.Validate(field,NewValue) and if inserting from the other pages do not call the Validate, then it will simple do like field := NewValue.
    OR you may try to write code in OnValidate() page trigger.
    Best Regards:
    Zaid Tariq
    Dynamics NAV/365 BC Developer at Dynamics 360

please like / agree / verify my answer, if was helpful.
  • Options
    lubostlubost Member Posts: 615
    Hi,

table OnValidate trigger should be preferable used to ensure database integrity. If your code is to be run only in some cases, it should be separated by IF statement in table OnValidate trigger, or placed in separate function that can be called when needed without interference with validation code.
  • Options
    krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,096
    [Topic moved from 'NAV/Navision Classic Client' forum to 'NAV Three Tier' forum]

Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!