Options

Printing from PDF to Printer directly from navision?

barandenizbarandeniz Member Posts: 44
Hello, i want to print my reports from pdf directly to printer. As you know arranging margins, paper size etc etc from Report Builder or SSRS. So i want to use "Shrink Oversized Pages" feature when printing reports. But its not practical to Open via PDF and click Print and Configure Print Request page. I want to use PDF(Adobe Reader) Printing Page to print any report when i click just print on Report Request Page. I am sure there is a way in order to accomplish this. I am on nav 2015 and 2016.

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    martonnmartonn Member Posts: 29
    You have 2 options:
    - use a 3rd party PDF Printer library
    - you can use SAVEASPDF to save the report as PDF and use DotNet process verbs to print the PDF : link

For the last one Adobe Reader must be the default application for PDFs and make sure that you're using RunOnClient=Yes for you DotNet process variables

Cheers

P.S. : sounds like overcomplicated for me...but you must have your reason for this...
  • Options
    barandenizbarandeniz Member Posts: 44
    martonn wrote: »
    You have 2 options:
    - use a 3rd party PDF Printer library
    - you can use SAVEASPDF to save the report as PDF and use DotNet process verbs to print the PDF : link

For the last one Adobe Reader must be the default application for PDFs and make sure that you're using RunOnClient=Yes for you DotNet process variables

Cheers

P.S. : sounds like overcomplicated for me...but you must have your reason for this...

Check the Topic below please :)

http://forum.mibuso.com/discussion/66340/when-printing-labels-including-barcodes-from-nav-and-pdf
  • Options
    I see...
  • Options
    mdPartnerNLmdPartnerNL Member Posts: 802
    Bullzip driver can create + print pdf in one go.
  • Options
    kylehardinkylehardin Member Posts: 257
    Bullzip has its own problems though - the call to it isn't synchronous, so you have to build in a wait timer and hope the PDF generation finishes in that time. SAVEASPDF and some quick DotNet is a lot cleaner code.
    Kyle Hardin - ArcherPoint
  • Options
    mdPartnerNLmdPartnerNL Member Posts: 802
    edited 2016-04-29
    agreed, but this example shows how to do it solving that problem..
    http://www.bullzip.com/products/pdf/doc/examples/dynamics-nav-invoices/info.php

or do you know another way to add a logo page/watermark after .saveaspdf ?
  • Options
    This is a good one.
    I don't know any other way
  • Options
    cwhmycwhmy Member Posts: 24
    Hi guys, for bullzip used in Nav, how can/can we print jpg (or any image file e.g. tiff, bmp, etc) to pdf? Say, a jpg file was imported into Nav BLOB field.

TQ