Options

When printing Labels(Including Barcodes) from Nav and Pdf

barandenizbarandeniz Member Posts: 44
Hello lads, when i am printing product labels from navision, barcode are not readable but if i print from Pdf, everything is fine, why would it occur? any advices?

Here is the images:

http://ctrlv.in/734647

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    vaprogvaprog Member Posts: 1,118
    Is this an RDLC Report from which you generate the PDF or send it directly to printer?
    How is the barcode embedded? As an image? If so, please provide more details: Image format, resolution, how does the embedding work.
    Your label printer uses a regular windows printer driver?
  • Options
    edited 2016-04-06
    Yeah it is RDLC Report. 1st i print from navision directly to printer, 2nd i save the RDLC report as PDF and print it from PDF file.

Yes Barcodes are image, i used http://mibuso.com/downloads/ean-8-13-code-39-128-barcode-creator-v1.5 for creating barcodes.

And yes, Printer uses windows printer driver. I am not sure but i think Adobe Reader uses different driver when printing than Navision. What do you think?
  • Options
    davmac1davmac1 Member Posts: 1,283
    I have used the same program successfully - printed both to pdf and direct to actual printers. Since you are printing an image, do you have it set up as an image in RDLC? Does the image fit properly on your printed output - being slightly off will make it unreadable.
  • Options
    davmac1 wrote: »
    I have used the same program successfully - printed both to pdf and direct to actual printers. Since you are printing an image, do you have it set up as an image in RDLC? Does the image fit properly on your printed output - being slightly off will make it unreadable.

If you check the image link i provided above, as you see the barcode images fits properly but when we print it from Nav directly, Barcode Printer colligates the barcode lines.