Options

Posting a reversing entry

dmc26dmc26 Member Posts: 6
I want to reverse an entry that was posted to a previous period, but I want to reverse it in a current period. Is there a way to reverse a general journal entry and change the date?

Comments

• Options
    jannestigjannestig Member Posts: 999
    General Journal can be reversed by going to the GL account then ledger entries, select the appropriate ledger entry then functions > reverse
    This will take you to the reverse transaction entries table. Here however you can only amend the Description field not the date.

I imagine you don't wish to affect closing figures of a previous closed period, though if that entry needs to be reversed you should reverse it at the date it was done then update your closing figures.

Otherwise you should post a reverse journal for this period to the same account to make the account balance correctly.

What has your accounts advised you ?
  • Options
    DeepDeep Member Posts: 569
    Reversing by its very nature means reversing the transaction so that the effects can be nullified, and so as is the concept in NAV. That is why the same date is posted for reversals.
    You need to post a correcting entry in the date you require.
    The same will affect the G/L balances within that duration.
    Regards,

Deep
    India
  • Options
    satheeshsatheesh Member Posts: 2
    Is any way to see the voucher naration along with ledger entries in a single screen
  • Options
    David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    dmc26 wrote:
    I want to reverse an entry that was posted to a previous period, but I want to reverse it in a current period. Is there a way to reverse a general journal entry and change the date?

Well that isn't a reversal then. :-k
    David Singleton
  • Options
    kapil4dynamicskapil4dynamics Member Posts: 591
    Deep wrote:
    You need to post a correcting entry in the date you require.

8) I think u skipped there is difference between correction entry and reversal.
    Kapil Khanna
  • Options
    Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    dmc26 wrote:

Not using the Reverse Entry function. The Reverse Entry is exactly what it is; it's reversing the entry that you made. If you need to change the date, it's would be a new entry to reverse it with a different posting date.