Options

RTC issue

117320117320 Member Posts: 33
edited 2013-03-24 in NAV Three Tier
Hi all,

I have installed nav 2013 first before nav 2009.

I have a problem when run the nav 2013 pages from development environment, once I open it will open nav 2009 RTC and it cannot be open from development environment.

But I have no problem to run the RTC 2013 and 2009.

How to change this?

Comments

• Options
    mohana_cse06mohana_cse06 Member Posts: 5,503
    You need to re-install/repair NAV2013.

After that you can run pages directly from Development environment. you will miss from NAV2009
  • Options
    Ravi_Prakash_GoyalRavi_Prakash_Goyal Member Posts: 72
    This is a limitation, i guess. When you run pages from dev env, system will pick last installed NAV version and open your RTC for that version.

However, I found the root which triggered this (or you can call this workaround without reinstall NAV2013)

Follow these steps:
    1. Go to Registry (Start -> Type 'regedit')
    2. Go to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\DYNAMICSNAV\Shell\Open\Command
    3. Here you will find one registry entry with 'Default' name.
    4. Double click on this, the value data is nothing but the last installed NAV RTC client exe path. So if you installed NAV2009R2 after NAV2013, you should be able to see NAV 2009 R2 RTC client exe path.
    5. Here you can change this exe to NAV 2013 client exe path, which should be
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\70\RoleTailored Client\Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.exe -protocolhandler "%1"

Please note that there is additional parameter in above command <-protocolhandler "%1">. This is required for NAV 2013 exe (not for NAV2009R2). Don't ignore this, otherwise it will not work.

6. click ok.
    7. Now reopen NAV2013 dev env, try to run page. It should open in NAV2013 RTC client.

This is just a workaround.

I did not try, but you can run a batch file to change the registry key value based on which client version you are running. May be in the RTC client shortcut.

Hope this helps.
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Or you can try to use my protocol handler app... :-)

http://navprotocolhandler.codeplex.com/
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.