Options

RTC

rathin_dynamicsrathin_dynamics Member Posts: 8
edited 2011-02-18 in NAV Three Tier
Can anyone give a solution for the below question?

I have two different version of database(NAVR2 & NAV SP1).

I have installed NAV R2(Version) - Role Tailored Client and with that i am able to open NAV R2 DB.

My question is that with that R2 RTC whether i can also able to open NAV SP1 DB too?

Comments

• Options
    thankeshthankesh Member Posts: 170

My question is that with that R2 RTC whether i can also able to open NAV SP1 DB too?

Hi,

Yup! You can open any kind of version of NAV at the same time. For achieving this, Kindly take the executable file (eg: fin.exe,finsql.exe) of NAV 6 SP1 from the product CD and paste it in the location that you need (eg: Desktop) and open it by double click. THe higher version (eg: NAV 6 R2) must be installed and the lower end (NAV 6, SP1, 5 etc) version DBs can be opened via .exe files of that product CDs and repeat the step1 for all the lower end versions.

The hierarchy of opening NAV DBs is as follows:

1. NAV 6 R2 (Say -> Higher end version as of now we have)
    2. NAV 6 SP1
    3. NAV 6
    etc....

Hope I answered your question. :-k
    With warm regards,

Thankesh

***Learn to lead***
  • Options
    krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,090
    [Topic moved from 'NAV/Navision Classic Client' forum to 'NAV Three Tier' forum]
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• Options
    mavmav Member Posts: 7
    Is this really the case? In our recent test...I Installed 2009 RTC R2 and it would not let me connect to our 2009 SP1 DB without converting the DB first.

When speaking to our VAR they stated you cant use the new exec with old DB...must convert.

Mav
  • Options
    naviannavian Member Posts: 39
    Hi,
    You need to convert the database if you want to open it with your R2 installation. This you will do with the classic client before configuring your NAV service.
    Doing this is no problem, so I guess the answer is YES.