Options

Error during open RTC///

guptavarunmcaguptavarunmca Member Posts: 95
edited 2013-06-05 in NAV Three Tier
Whenever i am open RTC then it give error that [Microsoft][ODBC sql serever driver]Cannot generate SSPI context state ID:HY000..

I have reinstalled Nav 2009 three times but the error is still unmoved...
please do the solutionn..
Thanks in Adv.
With Best Regards:
VARUN K. GUPTA

Comments

• Options
    ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    are you running this on network? If you are not on the network connected to active directory. Try to connect through VPN and then try to start RTC. You can also try to use IP address instead of computer name.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • Options
    girish.joshigirish.joshi Member Posts: 407
    This article describes how to troubleshoot:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.as ... duct=sql2k

Here is something else I came across:

The SQL Server in Q was a test server on a physically seperate LAN.

The DOM Admins had called it "SLQ1".
    They later renamed it to "SQL1", but renaming an object in AD is not foolproof nor as simpel as in NT, there are lots of places where it stays the same.

I'd trawled the KB and Google, I checked NTLM settings and timezones, no joy.

The clue lay in the Windows Event Log, lots of Kerberos ticket errors, and this pointed to duplicate object names on teh LAN. Renaming the server back to "SLQ1" fixed it.

The SID was the same for SLQ1 and SQL1 thus coudl not be resolved.

To rename the object they should have dropped it from AD, renamed it, changed the SID and then added back to AD.
  • Options
    Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    Thanks for the tip!!

The problem is with the Active Directory. This solved it for me:
    Use the Manipulate Service Principal Names for Accounts (SetSPN.exe) utility in the Windows 2000 Resource Kit. Windows 2000 domain administrator accounts or Windows 2003 domain administrator accounts can use the utility to control the SPN that is assigned to a service and an account. In the case of SQL Server, there must be one and only one SPN. The SPN must be assigned to the appropriate container, the current SQL Server service account in most cases and the computer account when SQL Server starts with the local system account. If you start SQL Server while logged on with the LocalSystem account, the SPN is automatically set up. However, if you use a domain account to start SQL Server, or whenever you change the account that is used to start SQL Server, you must run SetSPN.exe to remove expired SPNs, and then you must add a valid SPN. For additional information, see the "Security Account Delegation" topic in SQL Server 2000 Books Online. To do so, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
  • Options
    WittyWitty Member Posts: 20
    We had the same issue. One of our Time Clocks on a Domain Controller was 10 minutes out of sync. This was causing issues with our SQL server service account gaining proper access to the domain.