Options

Fatal internal error

Anna_EkdahlAnna_Ekdahl Member Posts: 2
Hi,

I have a client who has got one user (out of 15) that is getting a message, "Fatal internal error", at least once or twice a day, and then Navision closes. She has had this problem for quite some time now, and we have tried everything we can come up with. We have installed a new Navision Client on her computer, she has been given a new computer, totally reinstalled, we have tried to give her a new login, but nothing works. Is there anyone who can help me solve this problem? The user (and I) are getting pretty frustrated! She is the only one getting it. It first started to occur after I upgraded them from 360 to 5.01. We also changed databases from C/SIDE to SQL.

I would be very grateful if I could get some help in this matter.

Comments

• Options
    krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,089
    Some things to check out:
    -Are you sure she has the same buildno of the client as the other persons?
    -Are there some programs ONLY she uses?
    -Maybe she opens tons of forms at the same moment. Having a lot of windows open in NAV sometimes gives problems.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• Options
    ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,255
    I suggest to export all the modified objects as text and do a diff with standard.See if there is any thing that is different. For example a long text constant.
    Does she do a specific thing before she gets the error?
    Also import the text objects back and compile them.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • Options
    DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    We had the same happen, with a technical upgrade to 5.0 SP1. Most people have no issues (most of them connecting to the same TS), but sometimes, one of them will have this error. It's only been 3 days since the upgrade, and with the non descriptive message it's impossible to tell what is really going on, but what worked so far for us is deleting the zup file.
  • Options
    AshulAshul Member Posts: 4
    We have the same issue. 2 users out of 50+ get the fatal error. Only started to happen after upgrade from 3.7 to 6 in August 09.

All users on exactly same version of client (finsql). Both users are in our Sales dept. with 15 others all doing the same sort of thing. Happens to them 1 or 2 times a day but no-one else. Both have had new PC's and we have swapped network points etc. Because of it's relative rarity we are unable to recreate.

Any ideas would be gratefully received.
  • Options
    jannestigjannestig Member Posts: 999
    Hej Ana
    Hur är det underbart väder i Borås idag ?

You mentioned the fatal error message does it actually say which one it is EG error X in module Y?

What happens when she uses someone else computer or someone log in to her computer with their ID and peforms the same activities?

Does the user perform any special activities the other users don't? It may be an idiciator that its the activity rather then her login or settings that cause the issue.

Other then that everyone has covered the basics.

MVH
  • Options
    David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    I had the same issue some time ago. We did a technical upgrade from 3.10/4.00sp3 native to 3.10/5.00sp1 SQL. One user kept having this crash, but no one else. Three computers later it finally worked OK. We never found out the problem, but we suspect that she was given lower spec machines. In the end the computer we gave her was pretty high spec. She had some automation (email and PDFs) and a few other programs she had to run, and it just seems that 5.00sp1 was a bit much on her machine.
    David Singleton
  • Options
    DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    jannestig wrote:
    You mentioned the fatal error message does it actually say which one it is EG error X in module Y?
    Nope, "fatal internal error" is the entire message.

We received an update from MSFT, build 29736, which is being tested at the moment. I'm not convinced that it will fix the issue, because the KB article describes a situation in which 'too many dialog boxes' are opened. We haven't seen that, but because it has the same error message they suggested we try this build.
  • Options
    jannestigjannestig Member Posts: 999
    deleted for my own safety :)