Options

Problem Restoring 370 native into SQL 2k

Manolo_SPAManolo_SPA Member Posts: 19
edited 2007-09-28 in SQL General
Hi:
I'm trying to restore a backup of a native 3.70 database into SQL 2000.
I've already check dates and corrected them.

When I try to restore the data, the RAM starts getting higher and higher, and it collapse the system. So, I have to reboot the server.

Server specifications are: 2 dual core 2ghz, and 4 g RAM, and database is 50gb.
I think it has to be enough but I can't restore de backup.

I have also tried to do it with a 4.03 client and SQL 2005 sp2, but I get the same result.

Could anyone help me?
Does anyone recomend working with 3.70 objetcs in 4.03 client and 2005 sp2 SQL?

Thanks in advance.

Answers

• Options
    David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Manolo_SPA wrote:
    Hi:
    I'm trying to restore a backup of a native 3.70 database into SQL 2000.
    I've already check dates and corrected them.

When I try to restore the data, the RAM starts getting higher and higher, and it collapse the system. So, I have to reboot the server.

Server specifications are: 2 dual core 2ghz, and 4 g RAM, and database is 50gb.
    I think it has to be enough but I can't restore de backup.

I have also tried to do it with a 4.03 client and SQL 2005 sp2, but I get the same result.

Could anyone help me?
    Does anyone recomend working with 3.70 objetcs in 4.03 client and 2005 sp2 SQL?

Thanks in advance.

Definitely upgrade to at least the 4.00 SP3 executables.

As to your server, it sounds a bit light for a production server, but to just restore the DB, I do much bigger databases on my laptop, so I don't think its a perfromance issue.

But in reality "but I can't restore de backup" is pretty meaningless. Can you explain exactly what is happening?
    David Singleton
  • Options
    Sorry, but I mixed English and Spanish.

When I try to restore backup, when the system starts creating index, the RAM becomes higher and higher, and when it gets between 2,5-3 gigas, it collapses the system and I have to reboot it manually.

I have set the RAM limit to 3 gigas, and the server has 4, so it should be enough 1 gb for OS, dosen't it?

Yesterday I try to restore only some companys and it full-restore. Now I'm trying with the companys that are bigger.

¿optimize before creating backup could be an interesting step?
  • Options
    Finally I could restore the database. Previous to backup I disable most of the keys of item ledger entry, value entry and shiptment lines and post invoice lines.

Then I restore the backup one company at the same time. And I finally I create the keys.

And I got the database restored.

Thanks for everything.

Manuel