Options

Nav 5 Certification

TrippyZTrippyZ Member Posts: 87
Could anybody give me an idea on how long it will be before Nav 5.0 certification will become available?

I have just passed DevI and DevII and am planning to do I&C and then Finance but, if 5.0 certification comes on stream shortly, maybe I should wait?

So could a be a month or two?
Professional Navision Developer

Comments

• Options
    Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    If I were you, I'd get the 4.0 certification since you're familiar with it already. The certifications are usually good for about 3 years depending on the number of version releases.
  • Options
    sennasenna Member Posts: 44
    How long will Microsoft stick with V4.0 exams before they move onto V5 only? will that be imminent?
  • Options
    gadzilla1gadzilla1 Member Posts: 316
    Mr. Chow,

Sincere congrats on your MVP status...for some reason I'm thinking that is a new designation?

Please forgive me if it is - I just don't remember that by your name.

Question: What do you mean 'good for 3 years'? I'm halfway through Nav 4 cert. Can I upgrade after? Just wondering.

Thanks and have a great day - gad1
  • Options
    Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    gadzilla1 wrote:
    Mr. Chow,

Sincere congrats on your MVP status...for some reason I'm thinking that is a new designation?

Please forgive me if it is - I just don't remember that by your name.

Question: What do you mean 'good for 3 years'? I'm halfway through Nav 4 cert. Can I upgrade after? Just wondering.

Thanks and have a great day - gad1

Thank you! Yes, it's a new desgination, just got it recently.

Unfortunately, you won't be able to just "upgrade" it. You have to take the certification for the appropriate version.

Your certification is good for 3 years after the release date of the version (as I've been told by our MSFT rep when we're setting up our NSC) or when Microsoft stops supporting that version.

So if you have certification for 2.x, it won't be valid anymore.
  • Options
    Thanks and congratulations again. NOT looking forward to taking these tests again - lol. :D
  • Options
    DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    It sucks, I've had to take the same tests twice already, it's such a waste of time. They should come out with 'differential exams' or something like that.

On the other hand, you gotta do what you gotta do to keep your certification current :mrgreen: no use complaining about it
  • Options
    AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    Hi

how long they last depends upon how the funcitonality changes and how the wind blows. I have sat each incarnation of the "finance" exam since 2000 (3/4?), however the manufacturing exam I sat in 2000 is still valid today :D
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen
  • Options
    Adam/Daniel,

Thanks much for the insights.

Adam - so from what I think you're saying...if they don't change the Manufacturing exam, it counts towrds my Nav 4 and Nav 5 certs?

I hope so, I'm taking it Monday...then on the I & C and I'll have the Master in Dev. [-o<

We'll see! Take care - gad1
  • Options
    AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    Gadzilla

Lets just say it is more at the whim of Microsoft :D
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen
  • Options
    Adam: I'm beginning to understand the 'whim' thing. :wink:

I just passed MB7-224...now I just have MB7-226 and I'm home free.