Options

Next Conference

globalitglobalit Member Posts: 17
edited 2007-05-28 in General Chat
I would like to know where you can find out when the next upcoming conferences are going to be held for all dynamics software? Anyone with information please let me know. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Jeff Perrotte
Jperrotte@globalitresources.com

Comments

• Options
    ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,255
    WPC in Denver this year from July 9 - 12.
    http://www.microsoftwwpartnerconference.com[/url]
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • Options
    WaldoWaldo Member Posts: 3,412
    ara3n wrote:
    WPC in Denver this year from July 9 - 12.
    http://www.microsoftwwpartnerconference.com

Indeed, and I'll be going :) .

In June, there will be TechEd, but I don't think there will be much specific Dynamics NAV stuff ... .

Eric Wauters
    MVP - Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    My blog
  • Options
    Marije_BrummelMarije_Brummel Member, Moderators Design Patterns Posts: 4,262
    I will be at TechEd representing NAV and I am very specific in NAV :mrgreen:

Also checkout www.cronususa.com for Directions.
  • Options
    I will be at TechEd representing NAV and I am very specific in NAV :mrgreen:

Also checkout www.cronususa.com for Directions.

You missed the word "much" ...

Eric Wauters
    My blog
  • Options
    David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Even though Tech Ed is not really oriented to Dynamics, there is a lot to learn there. I agree with Mark that its definitely worth it.
    David Singleton
  • Options
    Don't get me wrong, I agree that it is a very interesting conference to go to. But it's for all Microsoft products. It's not like it's an "all Dynamics" Conference.

May be Mark can explain better :|

Eric Wauters
    My blog
  • Options
    Marije_BrummelMarije_Brummel Member, Moderators Design Patterns Posts: 4,262
    Eric, you are completely right about TechEd.

So just to sum up all the different conferences:

1. Convergence

This is the 'customer' dynamics confrence. Partners can bring their customers and let them interact with Dynamics product team members and peers. If you are an end user and you see Dynamics as the product that changes your business compared to your competitors, then this is your conference.

2. Tech Ed

This is the 'developers' dynamics conference. As for a developer Dynamics is only a part of his job, this is where he should be. Tech Ed includes all Microsofts products including SQL Server, Sharepoint, Office, Visual Studio and Dynamics. There should not even be a discussion about the importance of the other products and thus this conference to a developer.

3. Partner conference

This is a 'Partner-Only' conference ment for open interaction between Microsoft and their resellers. For Microsoft this is the most important conference to interact with their partners. If you are a partner and take your relation with Microsoft seriously then you should really attend this conference.

4. Directions

This is the 'Odd-One'. This is a NAV partner to partner conference with Microsoft as a sponsor. This conference is for partners to exchange knowledge and best practices. Also it is used for ISV's to find resellers in other countries/regions.

Basicaly you should decide which one fits you best. I have not yet been to the WWPC but have attended all others.
  • Options
    Thanks, Mark =D>

I'll do something around the WPC after I've been there this year in July, so everyone can have a clear picture on that.

Eric Wauters
    My blog
  • Options
    krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,090
    Mark,

can you create a new topic in Navision Tips&Tricks with this info?
    It is not a "classic" tip/trick but still an interesting one.

Eric, you are completely right about TechEd.

So just to sum up all the different conferences:

1. Convergence

This is the 'customer' dynamics confrence. Partners can bring their customers and let them interact with Dynamics product team members and peers. If you are an end user and you see Dynamics as the product that changes your business compared to your competitors, then this is your conference.

2. Tech Ed

This is the 'developers' dynamics conference. As for a developer Dynamics is only a part of his job, this is where he should be. Tech Ed includes all Microsofts products including SQL Server, Sharepoint, Office, Visual Studio and Dynamics. There should not even be a discussion about the importance of the other products and thus this conference to a developer.

3. Partner conference

This is a 'Partner-Only' conference ment for open interaction between Microsoft and their resellers. For Microsoft this is the most important conference to interact with their partners. If you are a partner and take your relation with Microsoft seriously then you should really attend this conference.

4. Directions

This is the 'Odd-One'. This is a NAV partner to partner conference with Microsoft as a sponsor. This conference is for partners to exchange knowledge and best practices. Also it is used for ISV's to find resellers in other countries/regions.

Basicaly you should decide which one fits you best. I have not yet been to the WWPC but have attended all others.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!