Options

Nav40 SQL Data Type

twdavistwdavis Member Posts: 79
edited 2007-05-17 in SQL General
Recently converted Nav40 to SQL.

Is there a utility available that can be used to look at all tables and fields and recommend the setting of the SQL Data Type in all tables?

Experiencing major speed issues after conversion to SQL. Several "sorting" issues have cropped up in Account Schedule reports, Manufacturing Prod. Order Completions, etc.

All this leads me to believe that I need to visit every table and field and assess the setting of SQL Data Type.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Account Schedules and Analysis views are obvious problems, but you wont normally see the issue in too many other places. You know your business, and the reports you run, so just address the fields that you need. There is no need to look at EVERY table.
    David Singleton
  • Options
    WaldoWaldo Member Posts: 3,412
    twdavis wrote:
    Recently converted Nav40 to SQL.

Is there a utility available that can be used to look at all tables and fields and recommend the setting of the SQL Data Type in all tables?

Experiencing major speed issues after conversion to SQL. Several "sorting" issues have cropped up in Account Schedule reports, Manufacturing Prod. Order Completions, etc.

All this leads me to believe that I need to visit every table and field and assess the setting of SQL Data Type.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Be aware that when you went to SQL, you have to make sure you "tune" that database. Make sure you let SQL use the right indexes and stuff. As "kriki" would say it: " You will need to finetune the indexes for SQL and this is not something to do for beginners." :wink:

Eric Wauters
    MVP - Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    My blog
  • Options
    krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,090
    [Topic moved from Navision Attain forum to Navision forum]

Thanx for quoting me Waldo. :D
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• Options
    WaldoWaldo Member Posts: 3,412
    kriki wrote:
    [Topic moved from Navision Attain forum to Navision forum]

Thanx for quoting me Waldo. :D

No prob.
    It's like Teamwork :wink:

Eric Wauters
    MVP - Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    My blog
  • Options
    krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,090
    [Topic moved from Navision forum to SQL General forum]
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!