Options

Sharing exam questions?

WilMWilM Member Posts: 2
Hello everybody,

Last week I passed for the Navision Relationship Management exam. I wrote down more than 20 questions.

Are there persons who also have some exam questions? Maybe we can share them?

The exams I am interested in are:
- Trade & Inventory
- Warehouse Management
- Service Management
- Manufacturing

I hope we can help each other!

WilM

Comments

• Options
    xavigepexavigepe Member Posts: 185
    Hi WiM,

I'll go to pass the RelationShip exam next Friday. Could you give me any examples of questions?.

I've examples of the Development Exam and Finance. Sorry.

Thank you very much,

Xavi
  • Options
    scientistscientist Member Posts: 1
    Hello Xavi,

as I read in your post you have notes/questions on Development Exam :idea: ..Can you please provide me some of them?Or better, explain me what was all about?

Thanx in advance :D
  • Options
    David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

The next generation of "Certified Navision Masters". Sort of makes the certifications pretty worthless really doesn't it. [-(
    David Singleton
  • Options
    DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    Back in the day David... back in the day..... :mrgreen:

It's how many people study for exams, it is a legitimate exam strategy, there are even companies that you can get training on how to take and pass exams.
  • Options
    It's a direct result of the way that MSFT organizes these certifications. When I started the only way you could get certified was by taking a two week instructor led training, and the development exam was to actually do some development, that was then graded by a qualified person.

If they certify by asking multiple choice questions, they should not complain when all they get is people who can say A, B, C or D.
  • Options
    DenSter wrote:
    Back in the day David... back in the day..... :mrgreen:

It's how many people study for exams, it is a legitimate exam strategy, there are even companies that you can get training on how to take and pass exams.

Tell me about it....

Get Rich Quick With Dynamics
    David Singleton
  • Options
    ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    One thing I want to add to this is that it's partly also all the companies out there fault. They post a job and put must have certifications.
    Certification doesn't mean much if you don't have the experience.
    So all new people just want to get the certification to pass the first barrier.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • Options
    ara3n wrote:
    One thing I want to add to this is that it's partly also all the companies out there fault. They post a job and put must have certifications.
    Certification doesn't mean much if you don't have the experience.
    So all new people just want to get the certification to pass the first barrier.

=D> =D> =D> =D>
    David Singleton
  • Options
    I really really REALLY disagree with that.....

Getting certified should prove that you have successfully taken in the knowledge to answer a representative number of questions about a certain subject. The right way to get certified is to actually acquire the knowledge about the subject, to study the material, be it by going to a classroom, by reading the book, by doing research, or whatever other way. The wrong, lazy ass, way is to get past exam questions and memorize the answers.

There is absolutely no way that you could put lazy ass behavior on companies wanting quality people and trying to put together a measurable plan to accomplish that goal, i.e. by agreeing with their employees to get certified in certain areas.
  • Options
    There is absolutely no way that you could put lazy ass behavior on companies wanting quality people and trying to put together a measurable plan to accomplish that goal, i.e. by agreeing with their employees to get certified in certain areas.
    :-k
    Could you rephrase that?
    Ahmed Rashed Amini

• Options
    What I mean is that I don't agree that the reason that some people memorize exam questions instead of studying the actual topics is because their employers want them to get certified.

Employers want good people that are highly skilled. One of the ways to prove that you are skilled is to pass a certification exam. If those employees don't want to actually study the certification topic, and take the lazy ass way of memorizing exam questions, is that the employer's fault? What other option do they have?
  • Options
    I see you are giving the scenario that they are already employees. And the employee wants to get certified.

What I wrote is even before that. Companies have start posting job positions, and require the employee to have certification.

As far as post hiring scenario, yes that sucks, but as coworkers start working with these people, the coworkers realized that they are incompetent and will not work with them on any project, pretty soon the employee either has to learn the stuff, or he is left without work, the employer will let him go.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini

• Options
    Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    Come on now, this whole society is based on "certifications". Think about your college degree, that's just a paper that indicates that you passed the educational guidelines specified in the University.

Unless there's a better way to quickly understand what you know, the value of certification will never go away.
  • Options
    ara3n wrote:
    What I wrote is even before that. Companies have start posting job positions, and require the employee to have certification.
    I still don't understand how that causes people to certify the wrong way.
  • Options
    HalMdyHalMdy Member Posts: 429
    Because people see only "The present" : need to be certified to have/maintain a position. Easiest way is "copy" (I don't find another term for this poor method) other's experience ...

But they have to think "At what append in the future ?". When this kind of guys will be face with a fonctionnal problem, the customer and his chief will not understand ... "Why don't you find the answer ? You are certified, aren't you ?".

So, friends who are asking for question/answer, what will be your future ? You don't take care ?
  • Options
    Still.... that is NOT the company's fault for individuals not being willing to study the topic. The fact that some people are lazy and don't want to study the material has nothing to do with companies wanting to employ certified people.
  • Options
    DenSter wrote:
    Still.... that is NOT the company's fault for individuals not being willing to study the topic. The fact that some people are lazy and don't want to study the material has nothing to do with companies wanting to employ certified people.

=D>

Although, comapnies do use certified masters as a marketing tool...
  • Options
    Of course, and rightfully so. The fact that a company is willing to invest in training and certification of their staff says something about that company. Of course if they want to be a certified partner they don't have much of a choice.

Which begs a different question.... MS certifies companies as partners, but only if they get their staff certified. You can certify people by taking classes that you have to buy from.... MS!! I don't know, but I think in other areas that would be called a conflict of interest.... but I digress :mrgreen:
  • Options
    In the good old days, Navision US offered training for free, and the certification testing happens after the training.

I'm not a big fan of paying a huge sum of money for training because doing so will discourage companies from hiring new people and train them from scratch. This means that there's a big disconnect between veterns and newbies. :(
  • Options
    Joseph_Abou_NaderJoseph_Abou_Nader Member Posts: 150
    deadlizard wrote:
    Come on now, this whole society is based on "certifications". Think about your college degree, that's just a paper that indicates that you passed the educational guidelines specified in the University.

Unless there's a better way to quickly understand what you know, the value of certification will never go away.

I would like to second the motion on this idea...and add that many people almost get their diplomas and they now hold very interesting positions, and on the other hands, you don't see all the people graduating with highest grades are successful in their careers. I think that experience and the love of work are the key features in every one's career, but still I see that the certification and the college degree are like a passport to enter a company, and there we are on our own. After all, the company will know whether their employees are good or not through time.
    Joseph Abou Nader
    MCLC,MCT,MCITP,MCTS,MCSA,MCP
    You will never know what power you have until you take decisions in a hard time.
  • Options
    RedHotRedHot Member Posts: 6
    Anyone try to take the certification tests lately?

Microsoft uses test banks with multiple choice answers that do not relate to REAL LIFE SCENARIOS. The questions are full of tricky mis-wording meant to throw an unexperienced user off.. but the truth is, it throws off anyone that HAS NOT MEMORIZED THEIR TEST BANK.

Microsoft certifications are forcing testers to spend $$$ on the testing material, rather then work in the field with real life consultants and learn what it really means to implement Nav.

somebody , that is a qualified real life consultant, tell me... did you take the certifications LATELY and pass . ???

These tests are annoying and not real!
  • Options
    RedHot wrote:
    Anyone try to take the certification tests lately?

Microsoft uses test banks with multiple choice answers that do not relate to REAL LIFE SCENARIOS. The questions are full of tricky mis-wording meant to throw an unexperienced user off.. but the truth is, it throws off anyone that HAS NOT MEMORIZED THEIR TEST BANK.

Microsoft certifications are forcing testers to spend $$$ on the testing material, rather then work in the field with real life consultants and learn what it really means to implement Nav.

somebody , that is a qualified real life consultant, tell me... did you take the certifications LATELY and pass . ???

These tests are annoying and not real!

The test are there to ensure you understand the fundamental terminology of Navision.

Just like in basketball, if you don't first learn the fundamentals, how do you expect to win championships? Learn how to shoot first before trying for a reverse layup. :D
  • Options
    i understand why tests exist - I am in the middle of my CPA tests

did you take and pass the current financial ceritification test. ??

its not the "navision terminology" that is the problem
  • Options
    RedHot wrote:
    i understand why tests exist - I am in the middle of my CPA tests

did you take and pass the current financial ceritification test. ??

its not the "navision terminology" that is the problem

I took the test last month and I passed it... :D

What do you think are the problems with the test? :-k
  • Options
    Congrats on passing the test.

My personal opinion on the problesm with the test is that the questions are not relative to the knowledge that is required to understand the financial aspects of NAV.
    The way that questions are phrased and the choice answers are worded are mis-representative and meant to confuse even a knowledgable NAV consultant.

Maybe it is just me, if people are passing it with no problem.

again, congrats on passing the test. I personally have never had so many problems with a test before.
  • Options
    Like I said, you just have to memorize the terminology.

Once you have the terminology down, you can use it and figure out the questions on the test.
  • Options
    paul_navisionpaul_navision Member Posts: 64
    I passed Dev I & II and Financial in Nav 4.0. If anyone need help about exam, u can contact me in the address below-
    p.subhasish@gmail.com

Regards

Paul
    Dynamics Nav Functional Consultant