Options

BI Solution

odbcodbc Member Posts: 8
edited 2007-05-03 in General Chat
Hello,

Im currently look for a good BI solution, my company gave up on Business Analytics after a lot of trouble.

Does anyone have any good alternative products to recomend?

The BI solution will be for our Navision customers.

Thanks for your help.

Comments

• Options
    ml1ml1 Member Posts: 9
    Hi odbc,

the problem comes with the customization level of the Navision systems, because not all Navisions are equal, and which questions should be answered!? Many Customer want to have a consolidated view over more than one company, needs figures from outside(planing) and have a problem with special chars(unicode). We had implemented 12-BI Systems for our customers and none of these systems are the same. Our last cusotmers had 21 Navision Companies on 3 different Systems.
    Does your customer wants Drill-Down and Drill-Up or static reports are enough? Is security and report/document distribution required? You asked for a BI-Solution than i think your customer wants building reports/documents by own?

Your problems are not new to me, but for a good recomendation i need more input.

Regards
    Martin
  • Options
    odbcodbc Member Posts: 8
    Thanks for your answer,

Well what are customer typically needs is a higher level of reporting and analytics to compare budgets etc. security and distribution is not required as far as I know.

the top priority is to find a products that one can plug in pretty "easy", of course its never easy but it should not be like BA, we are not look for most advanced solution.
  • Options
    ml1ml1 Member Posts: 9
    Thats not what i really like to hear.
    For a small solution, you could take a look at cubeware.de. They have some standard and nice applications for simple navision reporting needs and could be integrated the fast way.

Regrads
    Martin