Options

Nav 3.0 SP3 on Vista with SQL2005 SP1

linkeloetjelinkeloetje Member Posts: 2
edited 2007-04-11 in SQL General
I've installed the latest Navision NL4.00 SP3 with Vista update.
When connecting to a SQL2005 SP1 database, I receive a message that the <SQL-servername> cannot be found. Despite, that the servername is showing up in the servername lookupwindow. But when trying to select a database, i receive this message.

I've also tried to configure "cliconfg.exe" but without any succes.

Are there still issues with this Vista hotfix? Or do I need to configure Vista in some way?

Comments

• Options
    Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    3.0 doesn't work with Vista at this point.

Do you mean 4.0? If so, only 4.0 SP2 works with Vista using SQL.
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    deadlizard wrote:

The version is wrong in subject. In text there is NAV 4.00SP3... ;-)
    I've installed the latest Navision NL4.00 SP3 with Vista update.
    When connecting to a SQL2005 SP1 database, I receive a message that the <SQL-servername> cannot be found. Despite, that the servername is showing up in the servername lookupwindow. But when trying to select a database, i receive this message.

I've also tried to configure "cliconfg.exe" but without any succes.

Are there still issues with this Vista hotfix? Or do I need to configure Vista in some way?
    Are you able to connect to this server from another application from same PC? (Management studio, Excel etc.)

Which protocol you have selected on the Advanced tab of Open Database dialog?
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    anil_mujagicanil_mujagic Member Posts: 91
    deadlizard wrote:

I tried to make 4.0 SP2 work with Vista but it reports a version error while trying to use MDAC dll

Is there some patch or anything else that can make Navision 4.0 SP2 work with Vista?
  • Options
    See my blog for more info about the hack to be able to run NAV 4.0SP2 under Vista... but it is not recommended now when SP3 + compatibility update are released.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    anil_mujagicanil_mujagic Member Posts: 91
    kine wrote:
    See my blog for more info about the hack to be able to run NAV 4.0SP2 under Vista... but it is not recommended now when SP3 + compatibility update are released.

What will happen to other apps if I change dll version?

Will there be a problem?
  • Options
    I didn't have such a problem, but it is true, that it was on beta version and I didn't use other application. But because it is just version change in file attributes, I do not expect any problem.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.