Options

SQL server 2005 Developer Edition-Server not visible on LAN

MethosMethos Member Posts: 46
edited 2007-04-02 in SQL General
I am trying to get a SQL Server 2005 server up and running with Navision 4 SP3.
The Server is setup and I can acces the Navision database from the pc it the server is running on, BUT other clients on the LAN cannot find the server with Navision.

Could this be because of the Developer Edition I have installed?

Answers

• Options
    PhennoPhenno Member Posts: 630
    Methos wrote:
    I am trying to get a SQL Server 2005 server up and running with Navision 4 SP3.
    The Server is setup and I can acces the Navision database from the pc it the server is running on, BUT other clients on the LAN cannot find the server with Navision.

Could this be because of the Developer Edition I have installed?

Is there a windows (or any other) firewall up&running on the machine that has SQL server on?

If yes, you should allow communication on certain ports.
  • Options
    nunomaianunomaia Member Posts: 1,153
    If I’m not in mistake SQL Server Developer Edition and SQL Server Express by default don't allow remote connections. You have manually to activate remote connections.
    Nuno Maia

Freelance Dynamics AX
    Blog : http://axnmaia.wordpress.com/
  • Options
    nunomaia wrote:
    If I’m not in mistake SQL Server Developer Edition and SQL Server Express by default don't allow remote connections. You have manually to activate remote connections.

Thanks, thats what we thought - Can u maybe tell me how to manually activate the remote connections?
  • Options
    nunomaianunomaia Member Posts: 1,153
  • Options
    nunomaia wrote:

Thanks that worked, Now i am having trouble getting the User logins to work.
    The login is setup in SQL but the Windows authentication does not except the user login, neither does database authentication.
    I would like to use windows authentication but cant get it to work
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Member Posts: 93
    You need to enable the "Browser" service through the "Surface Area Configuration Tool" also make sure that all protocols are enabled, some times on the "sharted memory" protocol is enabled.