Options

How to make corrections?

hafihafi Member Posts: 8
edited 2000-07-25 in Navision Financials
I would like to delete or change details of invoices once they have been posted. Is this possible without using journals, as is possible in Sage?

Comments

• Options
    mfabianmfabian Member Posts: 187
    I don't understand your problem:
    As far as I understand, Journal is an Oulook-folder which allows you to keep track of Outlook Items; Sage=System Agent is an independend Microsoft Scheduler program. I don't see the connection to Navision invoices.

Marcus Fabian
    m.fabian@thenet.ch
    +41 79 439 78 72
    With best regards from Switzerland

Marcus Fabian
  • Options
    hafihafi Member Posts: 8
    Sage is one the most popular small/medium sized enterprise accounts software packages in the UK and the US (incidentally it was the best UK performing share of the 1990s).

A 'journal' is an accounting term refering to a bookkeeping double entry
  • Options
    Implevit-cbiImplevit-cbi Member Posts: 24
    The possibility to change posted datas is regulated by permissions. With user licences it is (normally) not possible to change posted datas, with developer license it should be possible (if editable on fields and record are true). If you need the possibility to change posted data as user you needs the permission to do so

Regards

Christoph
  • Options
    Dave_CoxDave_Cox Member Posts: 83
    Hafi

It is only possible to change the Financial Sales Invoice Information by Journals.

The only editable Customer Ledger fields are the payment discount fields and the On Hold field, you only need to select the Feiled and press F2.

If you want to make an adjustment to a posted invoice line then use the Sales Journal and the Applies to Doucument Type and Applies to Document No., you will only be able to post Adjustments to Open Ledger Entries.

The other way is to post on the Adjustment then use the Manual Application, this Could be used to close off several invoices by one Adjustment Amount.

I must say that this is realy a Training and Support Issue which your NSC's should be able to help you with!

MindSource (UK) Limited
    Navision Service Partner

david@mindsource.co.uk
    info@mindsource.co.uk

[This message has been edited by Dave Cox (edited 24-07-2000).]
    MindSource (UK) Limited
    Navision Service Partner

david@mindsource.co.uk
    info@mindsource.co.uk
  • Options
    Dave_CoxDave_Cox Member Posts: 83
    Even with a Developers Licence you should never change financial Information at best you lose your audit trail at worst you cause Inconsistancies inthe Database's Data Structure, which could result in Navisions Backup files not restoring.
    Once Ledger Data is posted it should not be altered!

Posting one Invoice can create a lot of ledger entries which must be consistant, from an Auditing/Accounting aspect.

Hafi is an end User and should use the Journals for all adjustments.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Implevit-cbi:
    The possibility to change posted datas is regulated by permissions. With user licences it is (normally) not possible to change posted datas, with developer license it should be possible (if editable on fields and record are true). If you need the possibility to change posted data as user you needs the permission to do so

Regards

Christoph
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

[This message has been edited by Dave Cox (edited 24-07-2000).]
    MindSource (UK) Limited
    Navision Service Partner

david@mindsource.co.uk
    info@mindsource.co.uk