Options

Problem with Restore

bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
edited 2007-03-20 in SQL General
I have a database with a linked table (SQL view) and am attempting a Navision restore onto another server (3.7 to 4.03 - SQL 2000 - SQL 2005). I have created the view on the new server. When the restore runs I get the error "TableData xxxxx does not exist".
There are no bugs - only undocumented features.

Answers

• Options
    DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    Create the SQL Server view before you restore the database. The restore tries to find the object that the NAV table is linked to and doesn't find it. Since that is not part of the NAV database, you need to create it first.

Make sure that you have access to the data in the view, that might have something to do with it. Open the view on SQL Server and arrange for correct permissions, then it should be ok.
  • Options
    bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
    I had created the view before doing the restore. The view was created by the same user that was doing the restore. This user was a member of the SA role, so access should not have been an issue. It seems like I have done this before.

I was able to resolve the issue by restoring objects only and compiling them, then restoring my data.

Thanks for the response.
    There are no bugs - only undocumented features.
  • Options
    DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    I know... linked objects are a pain. I've run into similar issues, and there doesn't seem to be a universal fix, just determination to make it work :mrgreen: thanks for following up, that'll be another thing to try.
  • Options
    thaugthaug Member Posts: 106
    I've had that same problem, and you are right, the best way to handle this is to restore the objects first, then compile them to find your error. It will save you a lot of time, especially if the restore is a large one.
    There is no data, only bool!
  • Options
    krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,096
    [Topic moved from Navision forum to SQL General forum]
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!