What do you get by becoming a Certified Master?

Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
edited 2007-01-23 in General Chat
Do you:

Get a certificate?
Get another MCP title?
Right to use certain logos?
Get to log in as a member in someplace exclusive along with other Certified Masters?

How can I even verify that I'm a Certified Master?

Comments

• Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    Anyone? So no one knows what you get by becoming a certified master?

Waldo? did you receive anything that puts a stamp on your forehead saying you're a certified master?
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    I just know that company which is Gold partner or other level of partner must have enough MCP to keep the status.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Joseph_Abou_NaderJoseph_Abou_Nader Member Posts: 150
    Hello...

I have been a Microsoft Certified Master since June 2006...but all I got till now are the exams that I have passed mentioned in the partnersource. I haven't received the certification yet...and I think this is the case of Waldo as well. One thing is certain is that for a company to become Microsoft partner, it should have at least 2 people with a total of 5 exams passed from the Dynamics exams pool. It is not like MCP where you get access to the MCP secure website and you have access to logos, transcripts and special Microsoft offers ( But you get a certificate ). From what I got from a Microsoft reply is that they consider that being a certified master should be directly related to the company you are working for, and that is why you should have a voice administrator to link your exams to the partnersource. Finally they will be shipping a certificate and I should receive it soon.. [-o<

Hope this answers your inquiry
    Joseph Abou Nader
    MCLC,MCT,MCITP,MCTS,MCSA,MCP
    You will never know what power you have until you take decisions in a hard time.
  • Miklos_HollenderMiklos_Hollender Member Posts: 1,598
    For me it was something that looked good in my CV when I was looking for a job and probably got me higher offers.

I think the employer receives some additional partner programme points although I'm not sure what are they used for.
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    The partner points are used to be renewed in the partner program on the partner level. For example Gold Certified partner needs 150 partner point to keep the status (I hope that I remember the number correctly)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    For me it was something that looked good in my CV when I was looking for a job and probably got me higher offers.

The nice thing for me was the logo of the certification...printed on the CV...and one important feature is that Microsoft has created some link for MCPs to give it to employers so they can check the transcript online... :roll:
    Joseph Abou Nader
    You will never know what power you have until you take decisions in a hard time.
    kine wrote:
    The partner points are used to be renewed in the partner program on the partner level. For example Gold Certified partner needs 150 partner point to keep the status (I hope that I remember the number correctly)

Microsoft Certified Professionals associated with your organization can earn from 1 to 3 Qualifying Partner Points based on their highest point-earning credential. Partner organizations that have achieved the full exam requirements for any MBS Competency specialization will receive 5 points per unique specialization. There is a maximum of 40 points to achieve through Microsoft Certified Professionals, and the rest of the points ( 150 + ) should be achieved through other categories like tested products, microsoft competencies...and customer references, etc...
    Joseph Abou Nader
  • Torben_R.Torben_R. Member Posts: 99
    I got a certificate as Certified Master as well as the certificate for the test. =D> Furthermore I became an MCP with access to the MCP Member Site. :P
  • WaldoWaldo Member Posts: 3,412
    Torben R. wrote:
    I got a certificate as Certified Master as well as the certificate for the test. =D> Furthermore I became an MCP with access to the MCP Member Site. :P

Indeed, it's good for the company (points), you get an MCP ID, and finally.

But I never received my certificate :cry:. There is something wrong in the logistics, I guess, because I know other people that don't receive it...

Eric Wauters
    MVP - Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    My blog
  • Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    So you do receive something if you become a Certified Master. :-k

Where did you get your MCP ID? Did someone from MSFT send it to you?
    Some get it automatically, but some will have to have some mail-communication with mbs-university. On partnersource you can find the mail address... .

Eric Wauters
    My blog
    deadlizard wrote:
    So you do receive something if you become a Certified Master. :-k

Where did you get your MCP ID? Did someone from MSFT send it to you?

For MCP exams and certificates, you need to send an email to : emeamcp@msdirectservices.com

For MBS exams and certificates, you need to send an email to :
    mbs-cert@microsoft.com

These are the best sources to help you get any info you want.
    Joseph Abou Nader
  • zeninolegzeninoleg Member Posts: 236
    OK I have just passed all the requirements for the master. But they have renamed it! It is now called Microsoft Certified Business Management Solutions Professional - Developer for Microsoft Dynamycs NAV!!!! I lke Master thing better!
    I am trying to get my certificates mailed to me but in Microsoft nobody knows who is printing and mailing them! I cannot believe that! :evil: :evil: :evil:
    I have been trying for the whole 2 WEEKS!!!! My list of phone numbers is over 15 now and over 6 emails. and nobody knows what is going on
    :evil: :evil: :evil:
    Best Regards,
    Oleg
    zeninoleg wrote:
    I have been trying for the whole 2 WEEKS!!!! ...
    Me for 3 months ...

Eric Wauters
    My blog
    welcome to the club...
    Joseph Abou Nader
    They have sent me an email! Hooray!!!!!! :D .......... too early.....
    They have told me that they "they do not ptint certificates" and I should contact the testing centre! And I testing centre told me that they NEVER print certificates! I am getting upset!
    ](*,) :arrow: :evil: :evil: :evil:
    Best Regards,
    Oleg
    zeninoleg wrote:
    They have sent me an email! Hooray!!!!!! :D .......... too early.....
    They have told me that they "they do not ptint certificates" and I should contact the testing centre! And I testing centre told me that they NEVER print certificates! I am getting upset!
    ](*,) :arrow: :evil: :evil: :evil:

send an email to mbs-cert@microsoft.com.
    Joseph Abou Nader
    Thatnks, Joseph but I have sent it to them 2 weeks ago and only today they have called me. Looks like they were on nice vacation .... all of them. So they are sending me all the certificates...... hopefully.
    Best Regards,
    Oleg