Options

Another X-Mas contest???

kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
edited 2006-12-20 in General Chat
What about some X-Mas contest? Do you remember last one?

I suggest e.g.:
1) Best funny request from user for NAV customization
2) Best funny add-on for customers (real or virtual... :-))
3) Best NAV screenshot (but we have no easy way how to upload pictures...)
4) Best NAV joke
Kamil Sacek
MVP - Dynamics NAV
My BLOG
NAVERTICA a.s.

Comments

• Options
    PhennoPhenno Member Posts: 630
    kine wrote:
    3) Best NAV screenshot (but we have no easy way how to upload pictures...)

We do actually...

http://imageshack.us/ (and such free picture storage services...)
  • Options
    WaldoWaldo Member Posts: 3,412
    Good idea ... I'm in. How was is organised last year?

Eric Wauters
    MVP - Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    My blog
  • Options
    themavethemave Member Posts: 1,058
    1) Best funny request from user for NAV customization

how about the ability to make fields mandatory on a form :roll:
    I can't believe users still ask for that feature, I have been listening to that request for 8 years now.
  • Options
    Joseph_Abou_NaderJoseph_Abou_Nader Member Posts: 150
    Can we include Dynamics GP in this context...?
    Joseph Abou Nader
    MCLC,MCT,MCITP,MCTS,MCSA,MCP
    You will never know what power you have until you take decisions in a hard time.
  • Options
    themave wrote:
    ... the ability to make fields mandatory on a form ...

How is this possible?

:mrgreen:

Eric Wauters
    My blog
  • Options
    themavethemave Member Posts: 1,058
    Waldo wrote:
    themave wrote:
    ... the ability to make fields mandatory on a form ...

How is this possible?

:mrgreen:
    I don't think it is, I was being sarcastic, because it appears most of the x-mas fun will be made at the expense of the end-user, (which is what I am) so I thought I would make a pre-emptive dig at the developer.

It is kind of funny (in a twisted way) that the one feature most likely requested at least once by every single Navision purchaser since the program was developed has never been addressed by Navision and now Microsoft, I do find it funny that they put a property on the field in forms called "NotBlank" which if you set to yes, freely allows the field to be blank anyways. It is kind of a tease to the user. To think it is so close yet so far away.
  • Options
    At first, we need to select the subject of the contest. Have you another idea?

I will create the polling on sunday, if you have another suggestion, I can add them if you post it there...

Winner will get big YOU ARE WINNER message... :-) (if Luc have no other gift... ;-))
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    kine wrote:
    Winner will get big YOU ARE WINNER message... :-) (if Luc have no other gift... ;-))
    Sorry, no iPod this time ;-)

I have collected some other prizes (licenses & hardware) but that's for another action at the beginning of next year. Stay tuned!
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • Options
    Ok, there is just the message for the winner... 8)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    Marije_BrummelMarije_Brummel Member, Moderators Design Patterns Posts: 4,262
    I am affraid last year I had a bit more spare time than I have now but if this year someone else will organise it then I will try to join!!

Link to last years contest:

http://www.mibuso.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8972
  • Options
    Timo_LässerTimo_Lässer Member Posts: 481
    kine wrote:
    Ok, there is just the message for the winner... 8)
    Luc could design a nice avatar like "X-mas contest Winner 2006", which will appear for a limited time (e. g. until end of januar) ;-)
    Timo Lässer
    Microsoft Dynamics NAV Developer since 1997
    MSDynamics.de - German Microsoft Dynamics Community - member of [clip]
  • Options
    Miklos_HollenderMiklos_Hollender Member Posts: 1,598
    I'd love an X-mas contest, it's been too long ago I' didn't do anything in NAV which would be just for fun.

BTW what's so funny about the mandatory stuff? It's a perfectly reasonable request which should be the very cornerstone of every integrated system: make the software enforce that people do their job correctly - and a commenter on my blog worked out a working solution which isn't very hard to implement: (see the Update at the bottom of the page) : http://navitips.blogspot.com/2006/04/im ... ields.html
  • Options
    With "cons", I read:
    Cons: dangerous, because it still does not enforce filling in important data.
    :-k

In this forum, there are several threads of how you can implement it.

Eric Wauters
    My blog
  • Options
    All the subjects I proposed are just "say what you think". It is not needed to send .fob or something like that (except the pictures...). I have no time to create something for that contest too... and I thing nobody have time to prepare some real stuff in a two weeks... It is why all the subjects are focused to stories or jokes...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    Oh, it still lives. :-)

I've missed this year the x-mas post. But here is it. :-)
    What we will do this year.
    Last year there was internal navision solutions and an patched fin.exe / finsql.exe.

an idea for this year?
    Do you make it right, it works too!
  • Options
    As you can see, I still didn't add the pool. No time, no reactions, no interest... it seems like this year will be without the contest... :cry:
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    Well ... no time is my biggest issue. May be on Christmas day or New Year's day. :|

Eric Wauters
    My blog
  • Options
    SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    It just came up so quickly - By the time I saw the first post about a contest it was already too late. Perhaps an early notice next year say (mid NOV would help)
  • Options
    Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    Savatage wrote:
    It just came up so quickly - By the time I saw the first post about a contest it was already too late. Perhaps an early notice next year say (mid NOV would help)
    Thanks for your message. I now have made the announcement for the first action of next year. So you can prepare yourself ;-)
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)