Options

Robbed and lost all my contacts from Tech ED Convergence ...

David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
edited 2006-11-29 in General Chat
I know that many people here haven't seen My Blog, so I hope Luc doesn't mind me cross posting here.

Basically after returning from Tech Ed Barcelona, I was robbed :cry: , and amongst everything, I have lost all the contacts that I made in Moscow at the MVP open days, Munich at Convergence, and in Barcelona at Tech ED IT.

So if you met me at one of those places, and I had your contact, I have certainly now lost it. Also if I sent you an email or you sent me an email since about the end of August, then I have probably lost it. Please if we met, could you please contact me either through a PM here, or email me at community@go-live.us or community@go-live.cz . Obviously over three major events you collect a lot of contact information, and there is no way I can remember the names and email addresses of those I met.

Thanks to all.
David Singleton

Comments

• Options
    Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    I don't mind you are posting this here, but you should give your posting a meaningfull subject though.

Hope you can recover the lost material quickly.
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • Options
    How odd, I copied and pasted the topic, but it was too long to fit. Fixed now.

There were a lot of people I met at the stands that know this site, so I hope they read this.

By the way it was great to finally meet you after all these years.
    David Singleton
  • Options
    WaldoWaldo Member Posts: 3,412
    Sorry to hear that David.

I wish you a quick solution of everything that's lost.

Eric Wauters
    MVP - Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    My blog
  • Options
    Waldo wrote:
    Sorry to hear that David.

I wish you a quick solution of everything that's lost.

Thanks Eric. Actually most of the stuff is just "stuff" that can be replaced, but I had been to the MVP days in Moscow, then Convergence, then Tech ED, all just to make contacts, and those are the most valuable loss.

Unfortunately, you know how it is at these conferences, you meet so many people, and rely on the notes you write on the backs of Business Cards to remember which people to contact.
    David Singleton
  • Options
    WaldoWaldo Member Posts: 3,412
    Unfortunately, you know how it is at these conferences, you meet so many people, and rely on the notes you write on the backs of Business Cards to remember which people to contact.
    Indeed.

Actually, people also GIVE a lot of cards ... I learned to bring more than 50 ... because the third day, I was out of cards :|

Eric Wauters
    MVP - Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    My blog
  • Options
    Waldo wrote:
    Indeed.

Actually, people also GIVE a lot of cards ... I learned to bring more than 50 ... because the third day, I was out of cards :|

I had a fresh batch of 200 when I left, and gave out about two thirds, but you know how it is, those people don't often call back. Not because they are not interested, but for visitors, its hard to keep track of every card and name you get. Being on the stand I have a bit of time to wrtie down some notes for each person I meet.
    David Singleton