Options

Google Spreadsheets

SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
edited 2006-10-15 in General Chat
I don't know if there was a real NEED for this out there.

I gave it a test using Nav's Country Codes.

Only allows 100 lines a sheet so it's 3 sheets (see bottom)

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key= ... ZqUuH-DbMQ

Useful or useless?
Maybe it's their first step to creating an Online Google Office Suite that everyone can use and share files easily.

ps I think you need a google account to see it - let me know.

Comments

• Options
    Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    Savatage wrote:
    ps I think you need a google account to see it - let me know.
    Yes, you need a Google account to see it.
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • Options
    Marije_BrummelMarije_Brummel Member, Moderators Design Patterns Posts: 4,262
    Yep, I cannot see it either. I only use Google for search...
  • Options
    Is it still by invite only? If so let me know if you need one.
  • Options
    Is it alowed to register as Microsoft mvp :mrgreen:

Just kidding O:)
  • Options
    Savatage wrote:
    Is it still by invite only?
    No idea. But I don't know why I should have another e-mail account ... apart from being able to see your spreadsheet ;-)
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • Options
    True - I Think you can create a google account without the whole gmail thing tho. I guess google assumes everyone has an account or something.

Thanks to Mark Borges for poping online & help me test somethings this can do. There is a chat window on the side of the spreadsheet where one or many can colaborate.

We send thousands of email notifications a week and googles 2gb space provides a good place to store all that stuff.

They Have
    Email, Video, Search, Spreadsheets, web page creator

Now they need a
    Google Wordprocessor
    Google Presentation
    Google Publication

Then the march to world domination BEGINS! MUUUUAHAHAHAH!
    No installation necessary! No Scratched CD's! MUUUUUUAHAHAH!
  • Options
    Savatage wrote:
    We send thousands of email notifications a week and googles 2gb space provides a good place to store all that stuff.
    Just out of curiousity: thousands of emails a week? What may be the content of those mails?
  • Options
    Just notifcations that an order has been shipped.

"Hi, Your order has been Shipped"

I really don't need to load my HD with that.
  • Options
    Your business must be running very well.
  • Options
    And every email is a Navision Shipment? Wow...
  • Options

Thanks to Nav :mrgreen:
    Nav has replaced many people here tho. :(
    We used to employ alot more people to push & file around lots & lots of paper when we used Macola but Nav handles alot of that - so in those peoples eyes Nav sucks but it has lowered our expenses. :|

All created by the email add-on from Lanham E-ship. All Ship notifications w/ tracking #'s - it's really pretty sweet. But very basic I can't put in fany font's or bold/Italics. But it gets the job done.
  • Options
  • Options
    The lanham products have been very good to us - the eship is great & the EDI is great.

We couldn't get the Usage Based Procurment to really work. Problem is it should create PO's of the merch needed but every po had the wrong costs and would all have to be edited anyway.

Mainly beacuse of the adjust costs & there is always a few po's open & not posted at any given time.

I don't even know if the still offer that product?

I guess if it pulled Last Direct Cost instead of Unit Cost - it would be better. Who knows I don't even know if it would have saved us time anyway.
  • Options
    Timo_LässerTimo_Lässer Member Posts: 481
    Thousands of email?

If I think about our actual project, ...
    If we would send an email for each shipment, we have to send round about 1.500 emails per day!

So, 1.000 emails per week is not very curiously for me ;-)
    Timo Lässer
    Microsoft Dynamics NAV Developer since 1997
    MSDynamics.de - German Microsoft Dynamics Community - member of [clip]
  • Options
    It all depends on the type of business
  • Options
    ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,255
    Savatage wrote:
    The lanham products have been very good to us - the eship is great & the EDI is great.

We couldn't get the Usage Based Procurment to really work. Problem is it should create PO's of the merch needed but every po had the wrong costs and would all have to be edited anyway.

Mainly beacuse of the adjust costs & there is always a few po's open & not posted at any given time.

I don't even know if the still offer that product?

I guess if it pulled Last Direct Cost instead of Unit Cost - it would be better. Who knows I don't even know if it would have saved us time anyway.

Yes it is still offered but they've done major change tot he addon and now it's called advance forcast something.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • Options
    Miklos_HollenderMiklos_Hollender Member Posts: 1,598
    IMHO Google Spreadsheets can be used as a cheap project management tool (entering tasks etc.) although it has some issues handling non-ASCII characters.
  • Options
    It looks like they are trying to do an online office suite

today I got the email to try

Google Docs & Spreadsheets
    http://spreadsheets.google.com/