Freelancers / Independent NAV consultants - Directions 2006

TallMikeyTallMikey Member Posts: 40
edited 2006-10-12 in General Chat
Hi Everyone -

We have formed a tight-knit group of highly skilled and experienced NAV people. A bunch of us are going to Directions in Atlanta. Anyone who is working solo and thinks they can gain more by being part of a team while still retaining their independence, contact me and we can meet up to chat!

Thanks,
Michael Anderson
michael@radiant-it.com

Comments

• ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,255
    What I expect about the directions in Atlanta is that it will be just waste of time. You'll see the same slides that they've shown for a year. Hear that you need to learn this and that, take these classes and visit this website to look for 5.0 readinesses.
    They can release a technical document that can state the details, and save everybody the trip on going to Atlanta.

They are not telling us what was the reason for the delay, because it supposed to be released this quarter. So far it's all marketing. I hope people who are going will get something usefull out of it.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • Marije_BrummelMarije_Brummel Member, Moderators Design Patterns Posts: 4,262
    Well. I will be going and try to keep you updated.

Going there is not only about getting information about 5.0. It is about meeting people, looking at other solutions, getting inspiration.

2 weeks to go. :mrgreen:
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    Those conventions are more about networking than actual content. It's not the slides that are important, but the chat that you have with the presenter afterward.

I would love to go and meet some of the people that I know are going.
  • Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    Almost all of the conventions are for meeting people.

For product information, you can find almost any information you need on the internet.
    In other words waste of time. :mrgreen:
    Ahmed Rashed Amini

Yep for sure a waste of time if you don't want to meet anyone :mrgreen: For guys like us it's not so necessary Ahmed, but for freelancers and independents those events are where they make their money. On the other hand I think we could do a lot of networking ourselves and stay in touch with a larger base, see what is going on elsewhere, what others are doing, broaden our horizons. Maybe even meet someone and talk about a collaboration, work together on something really nice.

I think it is a shame that we don't get to go. Personally I would love to go, and to convergence, and to teched, and to launch events, and.... :mrgreen:
    Yes I agree that for networking and meeting people, it's a great place attend. I was looking from techincal perspective to prepare one self for 5.0.
    I believe Kathy N. is going there?
    Ahmed Rashed Amini

I don't know for sure who is or isn't going for our company.