salary influence for a microsoft dynamics product consultant

johnson_alonsojohnson_alonso Member Posts: 690
edited 2006-09-22 in General Chat
Dear all,
I would like to share to you about the salary influence for your mind and heart if you have worked hard and implement and finished the projects without any drawbacks, then your salary suddenly raise twice of your current salary if your salary consists of basic salary, insurance bonus, transportation, meal wage and maybe hourly salary with 100 USD / hr then become 300 USD/ hour per project exclude basic salary if available. Will your heart be beating and make you worry whether your job will be increased andmore hard than current time or you are slowly and never worry or nervous. Your mind keeps controlled by you and look forward as if nothing happened.

As about me, my salary is just enough until now and I am happy for that but just wonder if my salary twice of now someday in the future in this current company I work for, although it seems difficult to determine the time, if I think about it, Iam really nervous, think always about it, my heart is beating.

Rgds,

Comments

• Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    Being able to perform under pressure is a key element of being an implementor and/or onsite programmer. Welcome to the club.
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    It's the way of the world.... you get better at what you do => you make more money doing it either because you do more in the same time or you can handle more complex issues.

Doubling or even tripling your salary at the same employer? forget about it, never going to happen, at least not from one day to the next.
  • johnson_alonsojohnson_alonso Member Posts: 690
    Being able to perform under pressure is a key element of being an implementor and/or onsite programmer. Welcome to the club.

It isreally too hard to agree what you said. The implementation of navision will not be as hard as working in the factory as supporting department head like mechanical engineering or industrial engineering depts when I did it in the past. It is not fair if the implementor and/or onsite programmer must perform work under pressure but he/she must be respected and not pushed. even if his/her work good he/she must have good wages/salary.
    The under pressure definition is work must be perform perfectly and completely and under fixed time frame although sometimes the client dependency still exists after the project finished.

I am happy to work with the situation but what I am afraid of the work load increases and go home time will be longer than before salary increased. Life is to work.it seems like that.

Denster wrote:
    It's the way of the world.... you get better at what you do => you make more money doing it either because you do more in the same time or you can handle more complex issues.

you seems right and I will not be able to avoid that. it looks like the rule of life.There are persons can work with that situation,aren't they ?

Rgds,
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,094
    It is not fair if the implementor and/or onsite programmer must perform work under pressure but he/she must be respected and not pushed.
    Remember this:
    Salespersons promise wonders, knowing others are responsible to create them.
    We programmers/developers/project leaders/analysts/implementers/... have to create them!
    And if all goes well: salesperson: =D>
    And if all goes bad: others: [-X

Actually, it should be forbidden by law for salesperson to customers without the supervising of the person responsible for the project! :twisted:
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    :-) As I can see, it is same everywhere around the world.

But can you imagine, how many customers will buy Nav if there will be programmers/developers/project leaders/analysts/implementers/... and will react to the salesperson: "no, sorry, this is not possible, no sorry, this is too complex, no, sorry, this will cost you too much money..."? 8)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    kine wrote:
    :-) As I can see, it is same everywhere around the world.

But can you imagine, how many customers will buy Nav if there will be programmers/developers/project leaders/analysts/implementers/... and will react to the salesperson: "no, sorry, this is not possible, no sorry, this is too complex, no, sorry, this will cost you too much money..."? 8)

Yes, but a good implementor will do it in a way that it will make sense and everyone will be happy. :wink:
    It is not fair if the implementor and/or onsite programmer must perform work under pressure but he/she must be respected and not pushed. even if his/her work good he/she must have good wages/salary.
    The under pressure definition is work must be perform perfectly and completely and under fixed time frame although sometimes the client dependency still exists after the project finished.

Yes, but it is not you who determines what is fair or not.