Competative Analysis of Navision V's GP, Agresso, SAP etc.

snoop309snoop309 Member Posts: 2
edited 2006-09-12 in General Chat
Hi. Can anyone out there pls help? I am looking for as much info as possible regarding competitive analysis of Dynamics Nav against GP, SAP, Oracle, JDE, Accpac etc etc. if anyone has any reports or independent studies done one any or all of these SW’s V’s Nav which identify Nav as being superior, I would really appreciate the help. For example, the lines of code of SAP, Oracle etc. on a tech level – and any info at all on a business and operations level. Thanks for the help. ](*,)
(:-)

Comments

• ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,255
    An independent report/studie that shows Nav being superior probably doesn't exist. Every ERP system has it's own strenght and weakneses. And each will fit differently for every company.
    If you need this for a future client, you should contact MS and ask for Case studdies for other companies that are in the same field.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • NaviTools.comNaviTools.com Member Posts: 88
    You can find these on Partner Source (Competitive Sales section).
    http://www.NaviTools.com
    Documentation for Microsoft Navision
    E/R diagrams, Workflow diagrams, UML diagrams, process diagrams
  • Miklos_HollenderMiklos_Hollender Member Posts: 1,598
    Yes, there are interesting stuff on PartnerSource - comparisions, battlecards, strenght/weakness comparisions etc. It's useful for marketing, although you shouldn't take them seriously yourself - they are clearly biased, of course :D
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    I was going to say you can hardly call marketing tools on partnersource 'independent studies' :mrgreen:
  • NaviTools.comNaviTools.com Member Posts: 88
    I agree, but snoop309 asked for "...which identify Nav as being superior" :D He already knows who the winner should be :wink:
    http://www.NaviTools.com
    Documentation for Microsoft Navision
    E/R diagrams, Workflow diagrams, UML diagrams, process diagrams
  • Miklos_HollenderMiklos_Hollender Member Posts: 1,598
    Actually, there IS an independent study on ParterSource: there was some kind of independent, unbiased accounting software competition betweeb SAP B1 and NAV which NAV won in the eyes of the independent jury. It can be accepted as independent in the eyes of the customer.

(But we ourselves should not think that then everything is OK and nice. The thing is, the competition was about professional consultants performing tasks in their software. Therefore, usability issues were not taken into account, only the number of features, in which NAV is of course clearly superior. But this competition could not take usability into account, because professionals were operating both systems: it did not take that into account that any random Dumb & Dumber can learn SAP B1 in two hours while for NAV you either need substantial simplification or really a lot of training, which might mean a higher TCO... )