Production of rework quantity

mukshamuksha Member Posts: 274
Hi Everybody,

I need to know that how to handle the rework quantity. This is necessary as I would like to calculate the OEE of each machine. The output of rework quantity should be punched in the system against rework production order. The rework production order BOM can't have the same item in its bom. Please guide me on the matter.

Regards,
Mukesh
Mukesh Sharma

Comments

• johnson_alonsojohnson_alonso Member Posts: 690
    edited 2006-09-07
    Dear friend,
    OEE is overall equipment effectiveness.
    IT will be calculate as :

Overall Equipment Effective. (%)= (Quality Rate (%)/100 * Performance Efficiency (%)/100 *
    Machine Availability (%)/100) * 100

Quality Rate (%) = (Output Quantity - Scrap Quantity) * 100 / Output Quantity

Back to your problem, rework or scrap in Navision is calculated earlier in the production BOM or routing if it is rework from output of machine (considered as scrap). If it still can be used for selling, you can create a rework location and then sell the item from the location. You don't have to create new production order, to rework the scrap of the first production order and then calculate OEE of your machines but just use the formulas I mention above.

This link will give you example :
    http://www.geocities.com/johns_alonso/o ... necard.jpg

You just request to my pm so that I can send you the object.

Rgds,
    Dear friend,
    OEE is overall equipment effectiveness.
    IT will be calculate as :

Overall Machine Effective. (%)= (Quality Rate (%)/100 * Performance Efficiency (%)/100 *
    Machine Availability (%)/100) * 100

Quality Rate (%) = (Output Quantity - Scrap Quantity) * 100 / Output Quantity

Back to your problem, rework or scrap in Navision is calculated earlier in the production BOM or routing if it is rework from output of machine (considered as scrap). If it still can be used for selling, you can create a rework location and then sell the item from the location. You don't have to create new production order, to rework the scrap of the first production order and then calculate OEE of your machines but just use the formulas I mention above.

This link will give you example :
    http://www.geocities.com/johns_alonso/o ... necard.jpg

You just request to my pm so that I can send you the object.

Rgds,
  • mukshamuksha Member Posts: 274
    Dear Johnson,
    Thanks for replying.

Actually in rework the machine has to be loaded again to achieve the correct OEE. Suppose I have put output of one production order which is having 5 operations in the component routing. Now in last of routing I have made a Quality work center where quality has been carried out. Now after quality decision of scrap and rework has to be given. Here rework means that after doing the 1st or 2nd operations again this product will be passed from the quality. So 1st or 2nd operations machines has to be loaded again for correct OEE calculations for which a rework routing and rework bom will be required.

I HOPE NOW I HAVE EXPLAINED BETTER.

Regards
    Mukesh Sharma
    Hi Muksha,
    You need to make a modification relate to solve your problem. YOU DON'T DEFINE WELL MY ANSWER. Scrap can be define as rework or scrap if you have made sign for both.
    I have trained to use a software for garment industry (navision add-on). It has function create repair order from released production order but still use the same routing and production BOM.
    So based on that, I suggest you to make modification in your navision database. I am not sure navision can handle your situation unless you must create released production order for rework.
    For OEE calculation, I think rework, scrap and anything relate to repeat work must be calculated as :
    quality rate = [output qty - (rework + scrap + deffect + other f**king things)) * 100 / output qty]

Rgds,
    Hi Muksha,
    You need to make a modification relate to solve your problem. YOU DON'T DEFINE WELL MY ANSWER. Scrap can be define as rework or scrap if you have made sign for both.
    I have trained to use a software for garment industry (navision add-on). It has function create repair order from released production order but still use the same routing and production BOM.
    So based on that, I suggest you to make modification in your navision database. I am not sure navision can handle your situation unless you must create released production order for rework.
    For OEE calculation, I think rework, scrap and anything relate to repeat work must be calculated as :
    quality rate = [output qty - (rework + scrap + deffect + other f**king things)) * 100 / output qty]

"You must learn lean enterprise or lean TPM book"

Rgds,