Options

Run a form or report on temporary tables

Christian_BuehlChristian_Buehl Member Posts: 145
edited 2003-10-14 in Navision Financials
I need for a specific action a temporary table. (Standard table defined as temporary, filled with temporary data)

Does anyone know if it is possible to run a report (or a form) on such a tempory table.

Comments

• Options
    SbhatSbhat Member Posts: 301
    Hi Christian,

From what i understand in your question, you could create boolean field in the table and then create a report with processing only that writes information to the table with the new boolean field added as true. In the same report you can run a report or form whatever you need and at the end you can setrange on the boolean field = true and delete all the entries from the table, this way you will not touch the existing entries and you will be deleting only the entries which are marked as true.

Thanks

Best regards
    Suresh
    NY.
  • Options
    frankmortensenfrankmortensen Member Posts: 42
    It is possible to run af form on a temporary table.
    Use the command:
    FORM.RUN(?,TemporaryTable);
    Replace the ? with the number of the form you whish to run.

Frank
  • Options
    SimonWSimonW Member Posts: 77
    To access the contents of a temporary table, you could use a virtual table to allow you to traverse the records (e.g. Integer)
  • Options
    DoomhammerDoomhammer Member Posts: 211
    Temporary table is created in client's memory at run-time of object (report, form). After form or report stops it's function, temporary table is deleted from memory. It is not possible to acces tmp table created in object "A" via another "B" even it is called from object "A". I tried it and I screwed-up :-(
    Martin Bokůvka, AxiomProvis
  • Options
    allanohlfsenallanohlfsen Member Posts: 7
    I you want to take temporary data created or modified in object A, and reuse it in object B, you can before closing object A, transfer the tempory data to a temporary table of the same type in a single instance codeunit C.

From C you can transfer the data into B.

This of course only applies to versions with S.I Codeunits and is by the way not needed when A and B are forms and you call form A from form B like this:

if form.runmodal(formA,tmprec)=action::something then

Regards
  • Options
    single instance codeunits can be used only in Attain 3.60 and better. in Financials there is no such facility. sorry :wink:
  • Options
    Francis_MalengierFrancis_Malengier Member Posts: 28
    Martin,

recently i dscovered that when you pass a temp table as a VAR parameter to a function, you have no problem using it in the function
  • Options
    StephenGStephenG Member Posts: 99
    Martin
    Temporary table is created in client's memory at run-time of object (report, form). After form or report stops it's function, temporary table is deleted from memory. It is not possible to acces tmp table created in object "A" via another "B" even it is called from object "A". I tried it and I screwed-up

What you said in your quote can be done. Try this thread http://www.mbsonline.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2586

The code was used in a Financials database.
    If you are using 3.60+ then S.I. codeunits are better.
    Answer the question and wait for the answer.
  • Options
    StephenG: thanks for link. that solution looks good.

But SI Codeunits are better, I agree with you :-)