Options

TV's "24" Torture (No spoiler)

SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
edited 2006-08-28 in General Chat
I'm not a big TV watcher but I have been hooked on this season's "24".

The hour literally flies by and I find myself dying just to see next weeks clips at the end of the show.

It's torture having to wait a week. :cry:

Comments

• Options
    DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    Dude that show is awesome, the best show out there without a doubt. I have not watched a single episode this season, I am waiting for the DVD's. Please don't put any spoilers in here :).

Just get all previous seasons on DVD, that is SO worth the money. I first got hooked on it when I flew to Europe and I had season 1 with me. I watched as many episodes as my battrery would allow, and had many sleepless nights since watching 'just one more' episode. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    DenSter wrote:
    Please don't put any spoilers in here :).

I'll try not to :-# Next monday 9pm seems so far away right now!
  • Options
    My DVR wouldn't let me program more than a month ahead, so I do have the first few episodes on there, and then of course I forgot to program the following month... So now I don't want to watch the first episodes, because then I have to wait for the DVDs to come out. I did find out what happens in the first one and I just CANNOT wait to get my hands on the disks and start this season....
  • Options
    themavethemave Member Posts: 1,058
    I have used TIVO to record the season so far, then transfered to the PC, edited out the commercials and burned to DVD, I will wait and watch the whole season at once.
  • Options
    It's getting down to the wire!

I almost pulled my hair out over last weeks ending :shock: .
  • Options
    well keep it to yourself when you know :-$ I can't wait to get the new season on DVD
  • Options
    OK season over!

For those getting the whole season on DVD - I gotta say it's worth it.

I can't count the number of times I was saying
    "Yeah Baby!" one minute & "No Way!" the next.

Next season can't come fast enough.
  • Options
    With Kiefer & 24 walking away with best actor & best show yesterday at the emmy's I gotta say I'm pumped for next season.

There is something to watching 1 episode a week. The six days waiting is torture but it lets the excitement of the next episode build. I'm not sure it comes across as big if you can see the whole thing in one sitting.

I could be wrong :wink:
  • Options
    Savatage wrote:
    With Kiefer & 24 walking away with best actor & best show yesterday at the emmy's I gotta say I'm pumped for next season.

There is something to watching 1 episode a week. The six days waiting is torture but it lets the excitement of the next episode build. I'm not sure it comes across as big if you can see the whole thing in one sitting.

I could be wrong :wink:
    I hear ya, but one thing about watching the whole season at once from dvd, is no commercials
  • Options
    The commercials sometimes let my brain process what I just saw!!!!

Does TiVo eliminate the commercials?
  • Options
    Savatage wrote:
    The commercials sometimes let my brain process what I just saw!!!!

Does TiVo eliminate the commercials?
    Tivo doesn't eleimnate commerials, although it has a 30 second skip forward button so you can get through them pretty fast, if you go too far, it also has a 8 second back button. if you miss something becuase of any reason, you can hit the 8 second back button and watch it again.

But I download the tivo show to the computer and burn the dvd, the dvd software lets me delete the commerials.

although this last season, they produced the dvds and had them for rent after every 5 show block. so right after week 5 was shown on tv, the dvd was available with the first 5 shows about a week later. So, it you miss an episode, you can catch up pretty easily.
  • Options
    Are you kidding me? Is this season on DVD already? Where can I buy that? I figured I had to wait until Xmas.

Way to go Kiefer by the way :mrgreen: