Options

Weekend topic 3

Miklos_HollenderMiklos_Hollender Member Posts: 1,598
edited 2006-08-21 in General Chat
I bought a notebook and just with an integrated graphics card. Later on I found I can't even play many non-3D games on it, because even those games that don't use 3D still would want to address video memory which is not there, and will therefore crash. Even Fallout from 1995 does not run.

1. Does any of you know of some utility that would emulate the memory of the graphics card, creating a virtual graphics card memory in RAM?

2. Do you know of any good share/free/abandonware games in RPG/strategy genre that don't need graphics memory?

Comments

• Options
    ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,255
    I don't such thing exists, and if it does, it will be very slow. See if you can upgrade the video card. I had such laptop a few years back and it sucked. Now I have one with ATI card in it and it nice to play Halo on a laptop.

There are a lot of online boad games that you can play.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • Options
    ATI? And is it OK? Because many of my ATI-owning friends complained that most games are optimized for NVidia.
  • Options
    ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,255
    Yep ATI and it works fine. I only play HALO. I do agree that on some games it's optemized for NVidia for example Half life 2
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • Options
    Arjan_SomersArjan_Somers Member Posts: 64
    It's not free, but you could try Stracraft, wich is a GREAT game, and it runs on virtually every PC.
  • Options
    I have to admit that I was stupid. I didn't download the drivers for the integrated graphics card :oops: With it, nice 2D stuff like Age of Empires 2 works very well and even older 3D stuff like Gothic 1... :) You know I was too used to using Linux where most device drivers are installed by default as kernel modules, and when I switched back to Windows I forgot about them :oops: