Options

Remove closed or uninformative topics

Arjan_SomersArjan_Somers Member Posts: 64
edited 2006-08-04 in Feedback
Hi all,

When I started programming Navision a couple of weeks ago, Mibiso.com was a great reference that got me coding in no-time.

On the forums most beginners questions have been asked before, and by reading those, i could avoid the common pitfalls.

Anyways, I just wanted to say that I like this forum not only because of the active topics, but also as a reference.

Unfortunately though, when i'm using the search, many, many results are NOT informative whatsoever.

And just today alone I saw a lot of threads wich were closed because of this reason.

That's why I wanted to suggest the following:

1. Could the moderators remove threads instead of closing them, when a threads is in violation with the rules?

2. Would a moderator be willing to clean up the database a bit?
Perhaps we could use the [Report Post] button when we find threads in our search results, wich are uninformatice.
This way a mod would only have to check those threads.

Comments

• Options
    Arjan_SomersArjan_Somers Member Posts: 64
    Nobody?
  • Options
    David_CoxDavid_Cox Member Posts: 509
    I expect as this is a free forum, it would be a matter of how much of someones time this would take, and if they ws willing to do it.

From what I know of forums, they can often distract you from what you should be doing, if you are moderating the forum in company time, is that fair to the company, and do you want to spend your free time tidying up other posts?
    Analyst Developer with over 17 years Navision, Contract Status - Busy
    Mobile: +44(0)7854 842801
    Email: david.cox@adeptris.com
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Adeptris
  • Options
    Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    In the search screen showing the results, you can see if a topic is locked or not. So you can decide if you want to open a locked thread.
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)