Options

NavisionIDE 0.1a (video demo)

AdministratorAdministrator Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 2,496
edited 2006-07-26 in Download section
NavisionIDE 0.1a (video demo)
This is my personal project.

I'm posting some video presentation of my work. There is a lot thing in my mind what I want to implement.

Please post your opinion. May be some feature request.

Also... How much money are you ready to pay for this. I'm bad businesman, but want some (not millions! :) ) "hard cash" reward.

http://www.mibuso.com/dlinfo.asp?FileID=746

Discuss this download here.

Comments

• Options
    BeniHochBeniHoch Member Posts: 15
    Hi,

The IDE looks interesting. But I think there wouldn't be a big market for this IDE.
    I personaly will use the IDE only if the most functions of the "C/AL Editor" or/and "Navision development Toolkit" are implemented.

If your IDE is a Replacement for the "Navision development Toolkit" then your price should be like the price for the "Navision development Toolkit".
  • Options
    randrewsrandrews Member Posts: 135
    License for Navision development Toolkit is not free
  • Options
    BlackTiger wrote:
    License for Navision development Toolkit is not free

Which toolkit do you mean? Standard toolkit available from "downloads" section?

yes. "MBS-Navision Developer's Toolkit"
  • Options
    Miklos_HollenderMiklos_Hollender Member Posts: 1,598
    I don't think it's a good idea. Working with objects in text are too much a pain . You need to work really much on the IDE to make it as easy to create f.e. a new table field and drop it on a form than in C/SIDE.

I'd rather suggest just some wizards to autogenerate text objects for common development tasks like: a header and a lines table and forms etc.
  • Options
    BlackTiger wrote:
    yes. "MBS-Navision Developer's Toolkit"

And how much does it costs?

Some time ago we reject idea to by it... because it costs about 5000-6000 Evro (I don't remember the real cost).
  • Options
    Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    The Navision Developers Toolkit needs to be configured in your license. If you are a Microsoft Partner, this granule is available in your license. If you are a customer, you need to buy this granule.
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • Options
    The Navision Developers Toolkit needs to be configured in your license. If you are a Microsoft Partner, this granule is available in your license. If you are a customer, you need to buy this granule.

So we are customer. And we are developing system by ourselves
  • Options
    randrews wrote:

So we are customer. And we are developing system by ourselves

In that case, BlackTiger is wrong when he says "Somebody just lied to you. "Toolkit" is free." ;-)
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • Options
    BlackTiger wrote:
    PS: and I don't like when customer doing something by self :whistle:

In our company 2 developers including me (have certificates).
    So we didn't need developers from solution centers.

And our solution center haven't problem with us... Because we trouble it only when need to bye new license (reports,tables etc.)
  • Options
    girish.joshigirish.joshi Member Posts: 407
    I haven't taken a look at the video yet -- just the screenshot, but it looks like you do the editing in the .txt format.

In that case, is your tool much more than defining the C/AL grammar and then having it interact with Navision db?

I think the most important feature is being able to compile the code from the IDE and have it return the same (or better) errors than you get from Navision. Is that possible?

And of course the million and one other things we can think of :) ... but the one above is the bare minimum for a solution.
  • Options
    eromeineromein Member Posts: 589
    Although I’m not quite sure why to use this tool over the NDTK it looks very, very, very impressive.

If you could implement a (good working!) 3-way merge this would be probably a tool you could earn them millions with ;)

But... Keep up the good work!!!
    "Real programmers don't comment their code.
    If it was hard to write, it should be hard to understand."
  • Options
    Dennis_DecoeneDennis_Decoene Member Posts: 123
    Is this really useful?

Navision 5.0 being on the way, having Visual Studio as an IDE...
  • Options
    Navision 5.0 being on the way, having Visual Studio as an IDE...
    No it will not.
  • Options
    Dennis_DecoeneDennis_Decoene Member Posts: 123
    I was indeed wrong, the info I had was outdated. I did some research and came to the conclusion the only use for VS is for doing some report design.

The info was given to me in August of 2005 in Denmark. Guess a lot has changed since...
  • Options
    BlackTiger wrote:
    Luc!

I've posted CTP version of my "IDE" to downloads section. Two times!

Please take "description" from first BUT archive from second post. First archive is incomplete.

I know, I know.

Patience my friend. It will show up on the download pages. I had some redesign to do of the Product Directory ... and some Navision programming work as well.

Please use the Private Message feature of this forum for this kind of messages. I can't believe others are interested in reading this ;-)
This discussion has been closed.