Microsoft Dynamics products

johnson_alonsojohnson_alonso Member Posts: 690
edited 2006-05-31 in General Chat
Dear All experts,
I wonder if there are some members of this forum understand and even consultants for 3 products of microsoft dynamics. I know Navision but the others only a little. Could you share with me the different of them all from the speed of costing methods calculations and arrangement, purposes, qty of users, qty of items processing, capacity and capability point of views.
Tks a lot beforehand for your answers.

Rgds,
Johnson

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    May be this is a question for pre-sales support, if you are Gold cert. partner.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • johnson_alonsojohnson_alonso Member Posts: 690
    Hi,
    Kine wrote:
    May be this is a question for pre-sales support, if you are Gold cert. partner.

I am not sure if I understand it but I really expect to have another real answer. I don't have any business with pre sales support, therefore, I post the question in the general chat. Nevertheles, I am accustomed to learn autodidactic and not want to disturbing the work mate around me.

Rgds,
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Each Microsoft Gold ceritifed partner has possibility to contact Microsoft Pre-Sales Support and they will find the needed information for the partner. It means, if you are Gold cert. partner, you can phone to Microsoft and they will send you the info. It is their work... :-)

Of course, if you are not Gold partner...

Because I just know Navision, I am not able to answer your question, I wanted to point you to possible source of information. I am in doubt that there is someone on MIBUSO who knows more informations about 3 products...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    Hi,
    I think it will be very difficult to ask Microsoft because they will not give very detail. I want to skip this one so just asking here in this forum. that's what in my mind beforehand. The root of my question is that I imagine about item ledger or value entry qty will be many, maybe about 2 millions and also many transactions happened in a week. I will know that it will need many calculation from cost to price, qty, adjusting, etc...
    Microsoft Dynamics produce more than two ERp systems but they address them to different companies type don't they ? The type here maybe companies consists of different qty of business transactions, different qty of employees, different qty of inventory etc...
    Strategy of marketing is able to understand product konwledge, isin't it ???

Rgds,
    johnson
  • Marije_BrummelMarije_Brummel Member, Moderators Design Patterns Posts: 4,262
    Other Dynamics products? Are there others than Navision? Nah, that's just marketing O:)
    Hi,
    Other Dynamics products? Are there others than Navision? Nah, that's just marketing
    I am not sure your answer, or am I wrong in reading it? what I mean here great plain, Axapta, Solomon, they are ERP other than Navision.

Rgds,
    Yes, you are right, there are other products. I don't know the exact differences.

I was making a joke, maybe I should not have done that. :(

There used to be selling-against documents Navision VS Axapta and Navision VS GP and Navision VS SAP.

I don;t have them, maybe somoeone else has.
    Hi,
    ..., There used to be selling-against documents Navision VS Axapta and Navision VS GP and Navision VS SAP.

I don;t have them, maybe somoeone else has.

your answer excited me. tku. I wonder if I could have them. I am remembering there is a website but I am not sure the documents are available to download. I remember the website contents only in my mind but the website itself I forget. ](*,)
    I am not sure if the other products will be more familiar in the future because of the limitations and weakness of lower product, maybe, navision is the lower product, isn't it ?

rgds,
    The documents date back to the time before MS bought Navision and before Navision bought Axapta.

They used to be on the Partnersource but I don't know if they are still available.
    Hi,
    ...,They used to be on the Partnersource but I don't know if they are still available.

Well, it will be more difficult, I can't even log in to partnersource website and even I won't use it. a general answer is needed. but I won't expect the complete / perfect answers from this forum members. answer for a part of my questions, 2 parts or more are respectful. I have a webcast about navision. it told max 40 users, mid size company, etc..etc.. I don't remember, but it is general but what is the other from the experienced implementation of the software itself until it stated fail to operate and must be replaced to axapta or great plain or ...and or..., I will not tell if navision stated fail or not, but I expect to know if you know...

Rgds,
    The maximum number of users is not that black/white.

I know of implementations with much more users without problems and of implementations with 10 users that has all kinds of problems.

it has everything to do with the design of the application, especialy when it is an add-on. If all users are constanly using the same set of data you need special design to deal with locking problems.
  • ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,255
    Yes, you are right, there are other products. I don't know the exact differences.

I was making a joke, maybe I should not have done that. :(

One thing I found out is that never make a joke on mibuso. People are just too serious or read it in wrong context, or language barrier.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
    Yes, I know that but I figured it was so obvious this time. Guess not :?