Options

Translation problem (specific Belgium)

PhilippePhilippe Member Posts: 27
edited 2003-04-11 in Navision Attain
Hi,

Some reports use the time unit 1W (1 week). If the user his working language is French (where 1week = 1 semaine), those reports do not work. Error message : you should use time unit 1S instead of 1W (but this is in the code - the user can't change this). So apparently, Navision does not translate the 1W to 1S and vice versa.

This could be a bug. Anyone who knows a workaround?

Info : customer uses Attain 3.60

Greetings

Comments

• Options
    Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    This isn't a bug in Attain. When using CALCDATE and fixed time units in C/AL code, you have to surround it with < >, eg:
    CALCDATE('<1W>',TODAY).

This will make it language independent.
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • Options
    jhoekjhoek Member Posts: 216
    Philippe wrote:
    Some reports use the time unit 1W (1 week). If the user his working language is French (where 1week = 1 semaine), those reports do not work. Error message : you should use time unit 1S instead of 1W (but this is in the code - the user can't change this). So apparently, Navision does not translate the 1W to 1S and vice versa. This could be a bug. Anyone who knows a workaround?

Use <1W> (including the < and >) to create a language-independent dateformula in e.g. a CALCDATE statement.
    Kind regards,

Jan Hoek
    Product Developer
    Mprise Products B.V.
  • Options
    PhilippePhilippe Member Posts: 27
    tx Luc and Jan. This works perfect.

Had this problem with a new report we created, but also with the standard function were you can copy an analytical view to Excel (working in French).
  • Options
    jhoekjhoek Member Posts: 216
    For some reason, I did not see Luc's response before I added mine, otherwise I would not have added this (very similar) response, of course!
    Kind regards,

Jan Hoek
    Product Developer
    Mprise Products B.V.