Options

Crystal Reports V9

FleurFleur Member Posts: 25
edited 2003-04-10 in Navision Attain
Hi

Has anyone heard of / had any problems in linking via ODBC Attain 3.60 to Crystal V9??

Thanks
Fleur

Comments

• Options
    McLeanMcLean Member Posts: 32
    Fleur,
    I don't have any experience with CRpts but will be upgrading to 3.6 soon and the failure of the ODBC to work with 3.0 is one of the reasons for this move. So I hope this is not a sign of a general problem!

Presumably you can define an ODBC connection and access data from Excel?
    I encountered problems using Cognos tools with Navision and Cognos Support solved this by adding entries to the "ini" file used by their software. The explaination they gave is that there are "many" standard ODBC definitions and some functions which their software used were not supported by the Navision ODBC driver.

Doesn't solve your problem but you could throw it at Crpts Support.

By the way I don't like the Navsion rpting tool, what is your opinion of Crpts? Would you recommend it?

regards
    Angus
  • Options
    FleurFleur Member Posts: 25
    Hi Angus

Thanks for that.

Yes, would definitely recommend Crystal - very powerful reportign tool. I also look after many Sage, Pegasus and Access Horizons sites and they all have lots of crystal reports linking to their data.

Its very flexible, the grouping and totalling is excellent and all reports look so professional...

Go for it....
    Fleur