Options

Upgrade from Pegasus Opera

FleurFleur Member Posts: 25
edited 2003-03-26 in Navision Attain
Hi

I need to migrate a client from Opera (Foxpro database) and need to bring across 24 months history.

Has anyone had any experience with this or has any pointers for me to consider.

My approach was to export date from Opera into XLS and then use dataports to import directly into Navision......

Many Thanks
Fleur

Comments

• Options
    borsicsjborsicsj Member Posts: 32
    Hi,

maybe you solved the problem, but let me answer. Although I don't know the data structure of Opera I wouldn't import any data directly to the transactional tables (ledger entries). Instead of this I'd do the following:
    1. import basic data -customers, vendors, etc.-
    2. do the required setup -posting groups, etc.-
    3. import transactional data into journals and post them

If you do the migration on the way I described, you can be sure that your database will be consistent.

Brg,
    János Borsics
    Fleur wrote:
    Hi

I need to migrate a client from Opera (Foxpro database) and need to bring across 24 months history.

Has anyone had any experience with this or has any pointers for me to consider.

My approach was to export date from Opera into XLS and then use dataports to import directly into Navision......

Many Thanks
    Brg,

--
    János Borsics
  • Options
    FleurFleur Member Posts: 25
    Hi

Thankyou... Thats exactly what I have done... imported static header information (customers, stock etc..), set up posting groups and am writing dataports to import 27 months stock sales history into the item journal table and then posting it.

Many thanks and thanks for the reassurance that I am on the right lines....
    Fleur