Options

Microsoft Business Solutions-Navision W1 4.0 SP1

AdministratorAdministrator Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 2,496
edited 2006-02-23 in Download section
Microsoft Business Solutions-Navision W1 4.0 SP1
This is a copy of the client directory taken from the Microsoft Business Solutions-Navision W1 4.0 SP1 product CD. This download includes the setup-program, database.fdb and database.fbk, demo-database.mdf, W1 helpfiles, .NET 1.1 Framework, GanttServer and BusinessNotificationManager.

The objective for this Service Pack is to improve the quality of Microsoft Business Solutions–Navision by:
- Bug fixing (code and online help)
- Costing enhancements
- Planning resiliency
- Improving Microsoft Navision performance on Microsoft SQL Server™
- Introducing .NET capabilities to C/FRONT allowing developers to access to the entire C/FRONT API from a .NET development environment like Visual Studio.NET, C# and Visual Basic.NET.

Restrictions on the Demonstration Version:

The demonstration version includes the funtionality of Navision with the following restrictions:

- You can only enter dates in November, December, January and February.
- The size of the database can be a maximum of 100 MB.
- You are only allowed to make 4000 write transactions in a database.

In addition you can modify the following objects in the Object Designer:

- Table 18 can be modified. Fields 99990 - 99999 can be inserted.
- Forms 21 - 22 can be modified. Form 99999 can be inserted.
- Report 101 can be modified. Report 99999 can be inserted.

http://www.mibuso.com/dlinfo.asp?FileID=520

Discuss this download here.

Comments

• Options
    ovicashovicash Member Posts: 141
    Has anybody tried it? Any reviews ?:)
    ovidiu

Best Regards
  • Options
    SorcererSorcerer Member Posts: 107
    on the first look it seems to have a better sql integration.
    now you can define different keys for sql and have an other clustered key.

the new database options for sql have to be proofed...

p.s.: seems that error A107) has not been corrected...;)
  • Options
    sindyleesindylee Member Posts: 13
    I download it and can not install it. and the PDF file in the client directory also can not be opened. Any bady know why?
  • Options
    Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    Microsoft has confirmed that there is a problem with the installer: if there already exists a 4.0 version, the installation will fail. Perhaps this is the reason why the download on Partnersource is still blocked.

The pdf is probably not a Acrobat pdf-file, but some remote-installation file, not to be opened by your pdf-reader.
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • Options
    I have actually installed NAV 4.0 in my computer. Is it the reason that I can't install it? What should I do if I want to install it? Should I remove my client and re-install SP1 ? By the way. the PDF file that I can not open is on my computer too. Can anyone open it well? Any Comment?
  • Options
    The pdf-file in the client-dir can be opened using Notepad.

And what is the error-message you get when installing?
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • Options
    I can open the PDF file already. I think that should be a document for this installation, but not read for me. When I run the "setup.exe", it shows the error message "Error 1316.A network error occurred while attempting to read from the file c:\mbsnavisionw140sp1client\client\Microsoft Bussiness Solution-Navision 4.0.msi". And when I press the OK button, it interrupts the installation. I don't know why can not read the msi file?
  • Options
    sindylee wrote:
    I can open the PDF file already. I think that should be a document for this installation, but not read for me. [...]
    That's what I said before:
    [...] The pdf is probably not a Acrobat pdf-file, but some remote-installation file, not to be opened by your pdf-reader.
    sindylee wrote:
    [...] When I run the "setup.exe", it shows the error message "Error 1316.A network error occurred while attempting to read from the file c:\mbsnavisionw140sp1client\client\Microsoft Bussiness Solution-Navision 4.0.msi". And when I press the OK button, it interrupts the installation. I don't know why can not read the msi file?

That's the same error I receive. The installer tries to read Microsoft Bussiness Solution-Navision 4.0.msi instead of Microsoft Bussiness Solution-Navision 4.0 SP1.msi. This because the Installer-GUID for Navision 4.0 is the same as for Navision 4.0 SP1. The installer looks into the registry, and finds already an entry (of Navision 4.0).

I have already created a Support Request, but Microsoft think's this is not an error #-o
    This you can set into the suggestion DB in the Partnersource, the explanation was that it should work in that way that the customer get only one GUID for one Version, so I do not think that this will be changed but you can try this with an entry the DB.
  • Options
    I found somthing interesting. If you duplicate the file "Microsoft Business Solutions-Navision 4.0 SP1.msi" and then rename it to "Microsoft Business Solutions-Navision 4.0.msi" and run the "setup.exe" again. Then you can go ahead and have no error message. \:D/
  • Options
    But you can't install a new client in a new directory this way as you have only the options Change, Repair & Remove.
  • Options
    DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    Just a heads up: the download on partnersource has been fixed.
  • Options
    Yes, but the Installer has not been changed #-o
  • Options
    mookiemookie Member Posts: 2
    Hello everyone here. I have this downloading issue and it will really be cool if someone can help me along with this. Thanks beforehand. The navision download will always end at around 40mb or 50mb. The download box then notifies me that download is completed - which is definitely not the case. Can someone enlighten me on this? I have no other downloading issues with other websites. Could this be the Internet connection or?
  • Options
    mookie wrote:
    Hello everyone here. I have this downloading issue and it will really be cool if someone can help me along with this. Thanks beforehand. The navision download will always end at around 40mb or 50mb. The download box then notifies me that download is completed - which is definitely not the case. Can someone enlighten me on this? I have no other downloading issues with other websites. Could this be the Internet connection or?

This download is also available in smaller files. Just scroll down the page, to see all available files (split into 4MB). There was a small error on the page, that prevented this list of smaller files being displayed. This has now been corrected.
  • Options
    mookiemookie Member Posts: 2
    Thanks loads!!! :) Really appreciate it! Thanks again!
  • Options
    adnanabidadnanabid Member Posts: 1
    Its strange, I was unable to install it on my home computer last night and had the same error that people have posted above, but then I tried at my work today and it installed fine. I have exactly the same OS at both places, I wonder why that happened. But I still wanna have it installed at my home computer rather then at work, aby help is appreciated!!!

/adnan