Options

Interface for Access to NAVISION Attain

orangeitorangeit Member Posts: 2
edited 2003-02-24 in Navision e-Commerce
Hello,

I am developing PHP and HTML, Specially with a GPL OnlineStore.
Now I thought about integrating NAVISION as Backend to my Shop.

Can you tell me how I can use the NAVISION Funktions from outside? I know there is a Application Server, but I don'd want to use this Server (license!). I've heard about some Kind of Automation Controlls, do they fit my needs?

Perhaps you can give me an Example how to "talk" whith NAVISION from outside :-)

many thanx
Fabi

Comments

• Options
    ChalleChalle Member Posts: 3
    Hi.

We have tried different methods. One is to use dataports (not so god, but it works) and another is the ODBC driver to access the database, and this is not so god either. The best way is to put the Navision Database on a MS SQL server (expensive though). It will let you access the database from any application. Then you can make SQL queries and show information on the web. We also tried to replicate over certain data to MySQL on a Linux server and it works also fine. Then comes problem. When you want to put back things into Navision. You shouldn´t put data right into the Navision tables. The best way is to use the Navision Application Server (NAS). If you do that you can create extra tables in Navision where your webapplication stores data and the NAS put it into the real tables in a proper way. This is what we are planning to do. What I have heard a NAS should be included in the Navision License 3.60 but im not sure about this.

Challe
    Sweden