Options

Organizing The Downloads

SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
edited 2006-01-31 in Feedback
Download section..

Many times i see a post that I know I've seen a download that helps them.

But I find myself having to scroll thru the whole list sometimes.

I thought It would be helpful when you clicked on downloads it then broke them down into (for example)

-White pages
-Tools
-Games
-Importing & Exporting Data
-Etc
-Etc

You know what I mean?

Comments

• Options
    krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,096
    Little trick:
    Use "Search the forum" and search only in the download section for what you want. Once you find what you need, click the link and you can download.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• Options
    SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    not always plus i like to see the little screenshots

type in "myGraph" & search the download section. click the link to see the post - but the post does not contain a link to the download.

----

Side note: 62 degrees here today ->UNREAL! \:D/

last year same time:
    NYC Blizzard: 14-20 inches of snow; 50 Mph Wind Gusts:
  • Options
    krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,096
    Savatage wrote:
    not always plus i like to see the little screenshots

type in "myGraph" & search the download section. click the link to see the post - but the post does not contain a link to the download.
    I saw it was an old post of Luc. I think he didn't put the links in it yet, but you can solve that:
    At the right-upper corner of the post is a beautiful ! that brings you to Report Post to get it fixed :wink:
    I leave you the honour of reporting it 8)
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• Options
    Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    Savatage wrote:
    Download section..

Many times i see a post that I know I've seen a download that helps them.

But I find myself having to scroll thru the whole list sometimes.

[...]

Remember there is also a Search-function on the download pages: http://www.mibuso.com/searchdl.asp .

Whenever a new download is available, a new topic is created in the Download section forum and the link "Discuss this download in the forum" is displayed on the particular download page. I guess this procedure was introduced somewhere in 2003. This means that older downloads, don't have a topic in the Download section of the forum.
    Savatage wrote:
    [...]
    I thought It would be helpful when you clicked on downloads it then broke them down into (for example)

-White pages
    -Tools
    -Games
    -Importing & Exporting Data
    -Etc
    -Etc

You know what I mean?

This is an idea I already have for a long time. But the problem with these categories is that there are always downloads that belongs to more than 1 category (eg: a White Paper discussing NAS and Message Queue for use on the web: this belongs to White Paper, E-Commerce).

And because this site is not (or should not be) only Navision-related, you would end up with:

Navision -> White papers
    Navision -> Tools
    Axapta -> White papers
    Axapta -> Tools

or

White papers -> Navision
    White papers -> Axapta
    Tools -> Navision
    Tools -> Axapta

I appreciate any thoughts on this subject. Thx for bringing this up.
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • Options
    Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    kriki wrote:
    Little trick:
    Use "Search the forum" and search only in the download section for what you want. Once you find what you need, click the link and you can download.

mibuso.com is more than just a forum. You can search for downloads in the download section of the site (http://www.mibuso.com/searchdl.asp).
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)