ERP DeathMatch

GabiRodionIonescuGabiRodionIonescu Member Posts: 2
edited 2006-01-25 in General Chat
NAVISION vs SAP

ok so here's the deal. I find myself in the uncomfortable position of having to make a life-altering decision. I happen to be a certified senior navision consultant (and work as one) and I've had some previous experience regarding SAP R/3 - the MM module. My life was pretty simple until an old friend slapped me with a tempting SAP consultant job offer a couple of days ago. I've lost some sleep over this issue so I thought I'd bring it up over here, to see what you guys thing.

Comments

• ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,255
    You have to think long term. 10 years from now. Navision with the next version will change and in 2 years will be a totaly new product. I would wait a year and see where Dynamics is headed, if it is heading in the wrong direction, I would switch to SAP or any other product.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    If it is about job, it is on you, which job has better salary and less work... :D

No, realy, sorry, I am not able to help you, I know only Navision part of this... (and I only know that SAP consultants and developers are more expansive)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,094
    And for starting up a project in Navision, we are talking about months for the big ones.
    What I heard is, that for starting up SAP, you need at least a year!
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,094
    Navision - SAP : 4-0 for the moment.

Actually I expected something like this in a forum dedicated to Navision. :mrgreen:
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!